• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Seasonal behaviour changes

Orenoko

Mama Doe
I tried to research this online but could only really find info about adjusting feeding and husbandry in different seasons. My question is more about behaviour changes with the seasons.

I've noticed recently Rupert has become more demanding in terms of wanting strokes and affection. He used to flop loads during summer and would run around honking but he's pretty much stopped that now. His health is fine, no concerns there so I was wondering if it's linked to the change of seasons? He gets VERY humpy towards Lilac in spring and honks constantly. Lilac's behaviour is pretty constant (she hates us regardless of the time of year lol) so I don't know if I'm right or wrong but just wondered if others experience such seasonal changes in behaviour with their buns? I don't remember it being so pronounced last year but I can't really recall properly. (He has been neutered for a few years so definitely no issues in that regard).

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

That's interesting! Mine are all pretty even year round tbh, I know spring fever is very common, although again haven't had much experience of that myself that I remember. Be interesting to hear if other people notice something similar :)

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Cookie has seasonal behavior but not as you say. He gets very lazy in the summer, he doesn't run at all, zero energy. He is very active, happy and energetic in winter. but there is a very serious temperature and cold difference in Turkey in summer, even at night it is 35 degrees in summer. :D

Hmmm I hope it's nothing more sinister then, I always get paranoid there's something wrong with them! It just seems to coincide with the change in seasons but maybe it's something else?

Hmmm I hope it's nothing more sinister then, I always get paranoid there's something wrong with them! It just seems to coincide with the change in seasons but maybe it's something else?

Oh dear, I understand you very well :lol: I used to think I was a very relaxed person until I got a rabbit. Now I am very paranoid about my rabbit, I try to make sense of every move and draw conclusions, the possibility of not understanding my rabbit is getting on my nerves. I think there is no end to it. :roll: :lol:

Back