• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Challenges of indoor living for rabbits and guinea pigs - free John Chitty webinar

I've been thinking a lot today about the whole dry/wet feeding thing and piggies. Pearl has both gut and bladder issues, and she has been awful today with her guts. Urgh, stinky rotten splats galore. It may be a coincidence from feeding the veg wet, but I'm going to go back to drying it.

But, I have been reading that some piggy people don't feed the suggested 80% hay, 15% veg, 5% pellets rough amount, but feed lots of grass in the summer, and a lot of veg in the winter, so there is a lot more moisture in the food. I still have a lot of misgivings and confusion about grass, because when I feed lots of grass the pee goes white with calcium. But, since it's not grass feeding season anyway, I'm not going to worry so much about over-feeding veg.

Back