Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Challenges of indoor living for rabbits and guinea pigs - free John Chitty webinar

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    It was a bit meh...not really a myxi risk & are you really risking bringing rhvd2 in on your clothes & shoes.
    That bit I wasn't sure about. He spoke really fast, and I thought (but I'm really not sure) that he said that you might be? For such an important topic, it was glossed over super fast.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Bramble and Hazel guinea pigs

I'm not normally so gobby...am I saying too much?
    I don't see why. It's not a character assassination - just areas that we disagreed with.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Bramble and Hazel guinea pigs

Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post
    That bit I wasn't sure about. He spoke really fast, and I thought (but I'm really not sure) that he said that you might be? For such an important topic, it was glossed over super fast.
    I agree it was unclear but I heard it more as a barely there risk. I CBA to listen again so anybun out there please report back

Nah, never ! I always enjoy your posts and can I apply to adopt b & w bunny please, as long as Mousey comes with him
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Nah, never ! I always enjoy your posts and can I apply to adopt b & w bunny please, as long as Mousey comes with him
    You're on. I'll send you a DPD link later

Nope, if a statement sounds bonkers then I too will call it bonkers.

Body autonomy, freedom of choice and informed consent
    https://nhs100k.com/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

On a lighter note ...

I was pretty zoned out for the nugget talk by Mr Burgess but it did make me laugh when he answered a question (or didnt) on how to enrich space he said go on the forums which are really good at this topic but avoid other topics as offer dangerous advice ...maybe like putting 2 un neutered bucks together & see what happens. He even acknowledged rabbit sub groups within the warren are one male with several does so its not even a "natural" arrangement.

Wise Old Thumper

I've listened to about a half of it. Found it difficult to understand all that he said and so have missed some of the detail. Don't know if I will bother to have another try. Would much prefer to have a transcript of it

Regarding vaccinations, I would certainly have any rabbit vaccinated that lives indoors. I have had an unvaccinated rabbit catch myx and die, many, many years ago, and would not want to witness that again. I have always understood that RHD 1 & 2 can be transmitted via footware and clothing, especially if the owner walks a lot in the countryside. If that's the case, then an indoor rabbit could be as much at risk as an outdoor one. And regarding myx, if the vector is a mozzie, then they certainly come indoors here. And of course it would only take one to pass the virus on.

I was interested in his suggestion that some diseases are more prevalent in indoor rabbits, eg dental disease(?), but would like to have had some sort of figures to support that (perhaps I missed hearing that!). I would have thought that the physical attributes of a rabbit's head were more of a factor than whether it was housed indoors or outdoors.

So, I haven't reached the point where it was discussed about groups of un-neutered, single sex bunnies. My view on that would be one of shock. For Does it would be a health risk and even if the Bucks didn't fight, I don't think it would create a stressfree living environment for them. And the alternative of a neutered male/female pairing seems to me to win hands down.

Some of the topics were interesting such as wet plant material, which we do here anyway. And also the lack of seasonality affecting moult. Tui has no lack and she is mostly moulting all the time

he advocated spaying does for health reasons alone, the question mark was for bucks. You missed the juicy stuff Omi

Wise Old Thumper

he advocated spaying does for health reasons alone, the question mark was for bucks. You missed the juicy stuff Omi
    So did he suggest that a spayed Doe could be bonded to an entire Buck?

I might give it another go tomorrow evening