Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Physiological serum

Warren Veteran

I woud never consider putting something up a rabbit's nose by hand - it's difficult enough to get them to take oral medication, plus the danger of inhaling the solution into the lungs, hence risking inhalation pneumonia. I'm sure you don't want to risk that.

Nebulising saline is much more effective and far less stressful all round. A nebuliser is designed to make the saline into much smaller particles than would normally be possible, so just breathing in the nebulised saline means that it will reach all areas of the nasal passages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    I woud never consider putting something up a rabbit's nose by hand - it's difficult enough to get them to take oral medication, plus the danger of inhaling the solution into the lungs, hence risking inhalation pneumonia. I'm sure you don't want to risk that.

Nebulising saline is much more effective and far less stressful all round. A nebuliser is designed to make the saline into much smaller particles than would normally be possible, so just breathing in the nebulised saline means that it will reach all areas of the nasal passages.
    Your opinion is very useful for me, thank you very much