• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad & angry

Thank you for clarifying about the rescue. It must be American group or perhaps just Americans who posted that particular post. That makes it so much worse that a rescue would allow a bonded pair to be separated like that! It’s just cruel xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes. so sad.

unfortunately there are so many sad bunny stories. way too many :(
i am so happy to be part of this forum where the vast majority of bunnies have a wonderful life. there is sadness here too but not from any mal-practise on the part of the carers.

yes. so sad.

unfortunately there are so many sad bunny stories. way too many :(
i am so happy to be part of this forum where the vast majority of bunnies have a wonderful life. there is sadness here too but not from any mal-practise on the part of the carers.

Hi, yes it’s just awful [emoji22]. I know I’m so happy to be here & know how many bunnies have wonderful homes, it’s amazing. Xx

Hi, yes it really is horrible isn’t it. Iv had to leave the group as in my heart this method just doesn’t sit right with me for bonding rabbits. I guess it must be as it’s a huge group & all people are doing it. What I find bad is if they fight just stopping it & starting again. I just feel like this means they are not compatible. I’m not an expert but just not for me xx

Scuffling that perhaps looks like fighting is normal in a bond, and doesn’t mean they aren’t compatible. Have you bonded before? It can look much worse than it is :)

Hi liz, yes your right about groups & Iv left that one. What if the rabbits fought did you mean you would stop it & then still have them in there? It’s just if they fight then to me that means they don’t want to be paired & could get injured. My 2 are going to live side by side & in new year try again in a bonding pen in a neutral room. Hopefully it will go ok for them. I tried just putting both in a neutral room but they fought. I separated in second though & no injures thankfully. Bella immediately tried to mount Morgan from behind but he kept running off. I think she wanted him to submit to her asserting dominance & maybe if he did let her hump him they wouldn’t have fought & that would have been bella claiming top bun. After that they faced eachother & lunged into a fight xx

This sounds like fairly typical bonding behaviour. What about sending them to a professional bonder who is experienced so they get to have a friend in one another?

Scuffling that perhaps looks like fighting is normal in a bond, and doesn’t mean they aren’t compatible. Have you bonded before? It can look much worse than it is :)

Morning, what’s scuffling? It was definitely a fight I don’t know how that could mistaken when the 2 rabbits go at eachother & my 2 did. They attacked eachother, well I’m not 100% sure which one first to be honest but think Bella. I couldn’t let it happen as they would have injured eachother. I let Bella try & mount Morgan while he ran away as I know it’s dominance & her trying to be top bunny but then they fought. A pen so small with only room to flop down for each rabbit as recommended by the group is tiny for them. Iv not bonded before as these are my first xx

This sounds like fairly typical bonding behaviour. What about sending them to a professional bonder who is experienced so they get to have a friend in one another?
Yea I'm no expert but that sounds really normal! The thing with buns is they really need a friend but they're really nasty to each other til they figure out each other [emoji38] it's rather annoying tbh. Bonding isn't for the faint hearted [emoji51][emoji51]

Humping and chasing is very normal bonding behaviour, it's like they need to figure out who's in charge etc rabbits are funny creatures, they aren't like us at all [emoji38][emoji38]

I really don't like rabbit bonding, I always want to pull the buns apart early because I can't hack it, but ultimately I think that makes it harder for them to bond.. Which is why I always send them to a bonder [emoji38] I did end up doing a bit of bonding for my last pair though which I hated but it did work out for them, they absolutely adore each other :)

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Sadly there’s no bonders where I live [emoji17]. Iv looked it up. I’m going to do living side by side till after new year & then try to introduce them again. I wish there was somewhere with someone with experience who could help & who was experienced in body language but there’s not here xx

Yea I'm no expert but that sounds really normal! The thing with buns is they really need a friend but they're really nasty to each other til they figure out each other [emoji38] it's rather annoying tbh. Bonding isn't for the faint hearted [emoji51][emoji51]

Humping and chasing is very normal bonding behaviour, it's like they need to figure out who's in charge etc rabbits are funny creatures, they aren't like us at all [emoji38][emoji38]

I really don't like rabbit bonding, I always want to pull the buns apart early because I can't hack it, but ultimately I think that makes it harder for them to bond.. Which is why I always send them to a bonder [emoji38] I did end up doing a bit of bonding for my last pair though which I hated but it did work out for them, they absolutely adore each other :)

Morning, I did let the chasing happen (Bella chasing Morgan) & she was trying to hump him. Then they stopped & faced eachother & a fight happened. It was really scary as they could really hurt eachother. If they didn’t fight & it was just the chasing & humping I’d have been ok & let that happen as I know it’s normal for them. It really is hard isn’t it when they don’t meet & are just ok with no fighting. I’m having them live side by side till after the new year & will try again. If you don’t mind me asking what happened with your 2 & how did you get them to bond ok? We have no bonding services here sadly xx

Definitely agree they need a friend for sure. I hope these 2 can be bonding next year xx

Morning, I did let the chasing happen (Bella chasing Morgan) & she was trying to hump him. Then they stopped & faced eachother & a fight happened. It was really scary as they could really hurt eachother. If they didn’t fight & it was just the chasing & humping I’d have been ok & let that happen as I know it’s normal for them. It really is hard isn’t it when they don’t meet & are just ok with no fighting. I’m having them live side by side till after the new year & will try again. If you don’t mind me asking what happened with your 2 & how did you get them to bond ok? We have no bonding services here sadly xx

Well.. Disclaimer I am not a bonding expert, but these are just my thoughts [emoji38]

I don't think side by side living is a good idea (altho seems there's a 50/50 split in people who like and dislike it [emoji38])

When you say fight, what do you mean? See if it was a boxing situation or lock on fight, then yea, altho sometimes you can separate them then they'll scatter, then come back together again and may not repeat it (it's really hard to explain tbh [emoji38])

I sent my two to a bonder, and they were okay except chasing, humping etc, but they only stayed 2 days iirc so then when they got back home Idk what happened but the bond broke down. So I had them in a small cage and I sat with them, and I had a small broom from our long dustpan and brush, and thick gardening gloves! And I just intervened when fights weren't resolving on there own, and then eventually they'd have a scuffle but then break it up themselves. Then we just had the boy pulling fur for ages and he'd be bossy and horrible, but eventually they figured things out themselves. The thing is with too much space they can kinda claim territories, whereas if they're forced to share and deal with each other they actually have a chance of figuring it out ime [emoji38] can you watch some bonding videos? Then you could look at the rabbits body language if might help you see what's okay and what's not. It's really tough tbh!

Also you must be as sure as you can be that both Rabbits are well as if one is under the weather it could make him/her more grumpy and not in the mood for getting to know the other Bunny. Don't worry, it will work I am pretty sure.

Also you must be as sure as you can be that both Rabbits are well as if one is under the weather it could make him/her more grumpy and not in the mood for getting to know the other Bunny. Don't worry, it will work I am pretty sure.

Morning Toni, sorry just replying now. Ended up coming down with the sickness bug [emoji3525]. That’s me over it now. Morgan should definitely be in good health as had health check from sspca. To be honest though I’m not sure if his teeth were checked but I’m sure they were. I’m making him an appointment for this as he’s now on the pet health club so you get a 6 monthly check which he’s not had yet. Iv now got them both on agria insurance [emoji846]. Bella was prescribed antibiotic cream for her genitals although that vet said it looked normal. The other vet said apply sudocream! So I feel right now iv not got to the bottom of it. Her vagina area shouldn’t be that way as iv looked at photos of female Rabbits. So I’m going to need to demand some type of investigation. Surely they can do bloods or even a urine sample to check things for her. Feel quite let down as the vet I seen was recommended. Anyway I thankfully found 2 rabbit savvy registered vets at my practice thanks to inspector morse giving me the link on the rabbit welfare sight. Thing is it’s really hard to get an appointment with them but will need to book. Iv got time before new year to do this. I guess it’s not normal like us at doctors to do bloods at a health check even if rabbit seems ok just to check general health. I just want to know she’s ok & there’s nothing wrong with her as like you said if not we’ll could effect the bonding. It just seems to me that when belka was taking those meds she seemed happier & more active so that’s in my mind. Xx

Well.. Disclaimer I am not a bonding expert, but these are just my thoughts [emoji38]

I don't think side by side living is a good idea (altho seems there's a 50/50 split in people who like and dislike it [emoji38])

When you say fight, what do you mean? See if it was a boxing situation or lock on fight, then yea, altho sometimes you can separate them then they'll scatter, then come back together again and may not repeat it (it's really hard to explain tbh [emoji38])

I sent my two to a bonder, and they were okay except chasing, humping etc, but they only stayed 2 days iirc so then when they got back home Idk what happened but the bond broke down. So I had them in a small cage and I sat with them, and I had a small broom from our long dustpan and brush, and thick gardening gloves! And I just intervened when fights weren't resolving on there own, and then eventually they'd have a scuffle but then break it up themselves. Then we just had the boy pulling fur for ages and he'd be bossy and horrible, but eventually they figured things out themselves. The thing is with too much space they can kinda claim territories, whereas if they're forced to share and deal with each other they actually have a chance of figuring it out ime [emoji38] can you watch some bonding videos? Then you could look at the rabbits body language if might help you see what's okay and what's not. It's really tough tbh!

Morning g graciee, they attacked eachother but I had to separate straight away incase they bit of hurt eachother within seconds. If it fails in new year Iv been looking up bonders so can travel. I found 1 with behavioural experts & sounds like a really good 1. They support you when you get home. I will admit the bonding terrified me & that’s because I was so worried with a fight that 1 would get injured or hurt. I tried a room but there was no pen in it & I put the boy in first then Bella. I will use a bonding pen next time in another room. Bella has always been boss & very territorial girl. Sorry just getting back now. I came down with sickness bug [emoji3525] xx

Have you watched some bonding videos, they are very useful imo as to what to expect and when to step in. See links on this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?462494-Old-Useful-Topics-Bonding

I hope you are feeling better?

Hi, feeling much better, thank you. Iv read the thread a while ago but I can’t watch any of the videos for some reason? Thank you for that though. Not sure why I can’t play any of them xx

Hi, feeling much better, thank you. Iv read the thread a while ago but I can’t watch any of the videos for some reason? Thank you for that though. Not sure why I can’t play any of them xx

If you look at Mischief and Tinker’s mum on her signature she has a link to a bonding video on her YouTube channel.

Back