Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Rabbit pellets

  1. #11
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    5,750

    Default

    I've not known a rabbit dislike SS!
    It's also easy to get hold of.

  2. #12
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    23,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    I've not known a rabbit dislike SS!
    It's also easy to get hold of.
    Yes, I would feel mean depriving her of them I think. When they're so valued too, it makes them so useful for training/bribing.

  3. #13
    Warren Veteran InspectorMorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    9,397

    Default

    What about feeding her a handful of Readigrass a day instead if grass is all you want from a pellet feed My 6 get Readigrass.


    ‘’All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.”
    ―John Steinbeck.

    I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

  4. #14
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    23,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    What about feeding her a handful of Readigrass a day instead if grass is all you want from a pellet feed My 6 get Readigrass.
    No it's not grass that I want from a pellet feed really. I use pellets for two reasons. Firstly to hand feed to Tui to get her more confident with me. I thought this would be sensible *if* I ever get to the stage of bonding her with another rabbit. And secondly to coax her into different areas of her accommodation. SS works very well for both of those. She'll happily climb over my legs now to get a pellet and also instantly come when called to where I want her to be. I can cut her grass most of the year too from the garden. She still has some most days.

    The reason I was considering the Haybox pellets is mainly that I was considering her hay and realised that to buy the 10kgs size meant that you were 1p under the delivery free option and I wouldn't want to try a larger quantity without knowing she would eat it. It's also not as though we have other bunnies to feed it to if she didn't So I considered adding the pellets to the order as they are possibly healthier than SS, although the quantity she has means this is not an important factor.

    Anyway I decided late last night to stick to what I know and have ordered her previously-liked stalky Timothy from timothyhay.co.uk. The issue with the delivery charge with Haybox also is deliberate and I find that annoying.

    I've very happy with her weight (4.5kgs). She gets no treats of any sort other than the pellets. Sometimes it's best probably to keep to what works and what she is happy with.

  5. #15
    Warren Veteran InspectorMorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    9,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    No it's not grass that I want from a pellet feed really. I use pellets for two reasons. Firstly to hand feed to Tui to get her more confident with me. I thought this would be sensible *if* I ever get to the stage of bonding her with another rabbit. And secondly to coax her into different areas of her accommodation. SS works very well for both of those. She'll happily climb over my legs now to get a pellet and also instantly come when called to where I want her to be. I can cut her grass most of the year too from the garden. She still has some most days.

    The reason I was considering the Haybox pellets is mainly that I was considering her hay and realised that to buy the 10kgs size meant that you were 1p under the delivery free option and I wouldn't want to try a larger quantity without knowing she would eat it. It's also not as though we have other bunnies to feed it to if she didn't So I considered adding the pellets to the order as they are possibly healthier than SS, although the quantity she has means this is not an important factor.

    Anyway I decided late last night to stick to what I know and have ordered her previously-liked stalky Timothy from timothyhay.co.uk. The issue with the delivery charge with Haybox also is deliberate and I find that annoying.

    I've very happy with her weight (4.5kgs). She gets no treats of any sort other than the pellets. Sometimes it's best probably to keep to what works and what she is happy with.
    Ah, I see. I got the wrong end of the stick. Very unlike me, I know


    ‘’All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.”
    ―John Steinbeck.

    I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

  6. #16
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    5,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Ah, I see. I got the wrong end of the stick. Very unlike me, I know
    It was me looking for grass pellets - I jumped in on the thread cos it looked to be the way it was going, and therefore useful to me and chronic UTI bunny who can't have standard pellets but is struggling to maintain weight on hay & forage - plus it's going to be more difficult in winter without bribes of some sort. So I probably confused the issue.

  7. #17
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    23,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    It was me looking for grass pellets - I jumped in on the thread cos it looked to be the way it was going, and therefore useful to me and chronic UTI bunny who can't have standard pellets but is struggling to maintain weight on hay & forage - plus it's going to be more difficult in winter without bribes of some sort. So I probably confused the issue.
    Haha no, no need for It's actually made for a far more interesting and comprehensive thread,

    Have you considered trying your bun with something like the Supreme Vetcare Urinary Tract food https://supremepetfoods.com/products...-tract-health/ I haven't tried them, so no idea how yummy they would be. But might be better for maintaining weight than just a grass pellet.

  8. #18
    Warren Veteran InspectorMorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    9,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    It was me looking for grass pellets - I jumped in on the thread cos it looked to be the way it was going, and therefore useful to me and chronic UTI bunny who can't have standard pellets but is struggling to maintain weight on hay & forage - plus it's going to be more difficult in winter without bribes of some sort. So I probably confused the issue.

    It takes very little to confuse me


    ‘’All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.”
    ―John Steinbeck.

    I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

  9. #19
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    5,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Haha no, no need for It's actually made for a far more interesting and comprehensive thread,

    Have you considered trying your bun with something like the Supreme Vetcare Urinary Tract food https://supremepetfoods.com/products...-tract-health/ I haven't tried them, so no idea how yummy they would be. But might be better for maintaining weight than just a grass pellet.
    They could be useful - thank you.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •