• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tried bonding & fight broke out

Just read this! I really don't know the answer to your question but will have a think about and reply in the morning. (Bed time now!).

Thank you Toni. It is a very long post lol. No worries at all, bed for me also night night xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think to establish a side by side introduction you are going to have to have consistency. So for a time separate time free ranging might be counterproductive, however it is done. The couple need to be side by side 24/7, not coming and going. Sometimes after a few weeks of side by side living swapping them over to the other sides for a couple of weeks can progress the process of acceptance.

Lack of free range time won’t be forever, but personally I really don’t think you are going to see progression in them accepting being in each other’s company if they are not side by side 24/7.

Others may disagree, but this has always been my experience and it is a process I am doing right now.

I think to establish a side by side introduction you are going to have to have consistency. So for a time separate time free ranging might be counterproductive, however it is done. The couple need to be side by side 24/7, not coming and going. Sometimes after a few weeks of side by side living swapping them over to the other sides for a couple of weeks can progress the process of acceptance.

Lack of free range time won’t be forever, but personally I really don’t think you are going to see progression in them accepting being in each other’s company if they are not side by side 24/7.

Others may disagree, but this has always been my experience and it is a process I am doing right now.

I have had a manic day but have been thinking about this and I really agree with Jane 100%. The Bunnies will be fine!

Hi Jane, thank you so much for advice. Yes I think your completely right. I was actually thinking today myself should I just keep them in there & not do any free roam but honestly wasn’t sure if that was ok. Iv not had experience & this is my first time so what you said helps so much. Like you said this isn’t forever & could be a lifelong bond with these 2 if it works out. Although not a whole room to themselves & not having the usual free roam, they do have half a room of floor each. It won’t be till next year sometime I actually let them meet anyway. So 24/7 it is for them. Morgan really didn’t move around much & I don’t think he will be that bothered but Bella more so. It’s something that’s worth it in the long run if they bond together. Could I just ask 1 more question please? Since going in together Morgan hasn’t been using his litter tray the same. He was really always using it & very good. Belka not as much but she’s definitely improved. She likes hay in the tray, Morgan didn’t touch it so likes his to be separate which is totally fine. Bellas also digging out her litter & both are pooping on floor but I’m thinking this is a marking type thing because of the change would you agree? They are flipping side by side through barrier, grooming themselves like that & Morgan hasn’t binkied as much ever so I think he’s enjoying a friend xx

I have had a manic day but have been thinking about this and I really agree with Jane 100%. The Bunnies will be fine!

Hi Toni, thank you. Yes I agree to do going to be doing this. Hope your getting a bit of chill time now. We are all full of cold so hoping for an early bed but never seems to happen lol xx

Hi Jane, thank you so much for advice. Yes I think your completely right. I was actually thinking today myself should I just keep them in there & not do any free roam but honestly wasn’t sure if that was ok. Iv not had experience & this is my first time so what you said helps so much. Like you said this isn’t forever & could be a lifelong bond with these 2 if it works out. Although not a whole room to themselves & not having the usual free roam, they do have half a room of floor each. It won’t be till next year sometime I actually let them meet anyway. So 24/7 it is for them. Morgan really didn’t move around much & I don’t think he will be that bothered but Bella more so. It’s something that’s worth it in the long run if they bond together. Could I just ask 1 more question please? Since going in together Morgan hasn’t been using his litter tray the same. He was really always using it & very good. Belka not as much but she’s definitely improved. She likes hay in the tray, Morgan didn’t touch it so likes his to be separate which is totally fine. Bellas also digging out her litter & both are pooping on floor but I’m thinking this is a marking type thing because of the change would you agree? They are flipping side by side through barrier, grooming themselves like that & Morgan hasn’t binkied as much ever so I think he’s enjoying a friend xx

Poos and wees will be everywhere at the moment :) Eventually you will find they will probably poo and wee by the partition between their enclosures. Lying side by side through the barrier is good x

Poos and wees will be everywhere at the moment :) Eventually you will find they will probably poo and wee by the partition between their enclosures. Lying side by side through the barrier is good x

Glad to hear it’s a normal thing & to be expected, thank you. I shall be on extra clean duties at their discretion [emoji23]. But I think both buns are happier with some type of company of each other xx

Moving them doesn't help litter training. x

Morning Toni, it’s certainly thrown Morgan off his lol as he was trained when I got him. Just glad I know it’s a normal thing when moving them & being together. I know this might be a silly question but is it ok to go in & sit with them in turn to spend time with each? Or could that upset the other bun seeing one get the attention as they are not bonded? Before they were in separate rooms so I could spend time with each separately. I want to do all things right in the hope that will help them eventually bond xx

Morning Toni, it’s certainly thrown Morgan off his lol as he was trained when I got him. Just glad I know it’s a normal thing when moving them & being together. I know this might be a silly question but is it ok to go in & sit with them in turn to spend time with each? Or could that upset the other bun seeing one get the attention as they are not bonded? Before they were in separate rooms so I could spend time with each separately. I want to do all things right in the hope that will help them eventually bond xx

I would be an observer not an interacter at this stage. Just giving individual attention to do the essentials.What you are trying to achieve is for them to seek company from each other, even though at the moment there is a barrier between them

I would be an observer not an interacter at this stage. Just giving individual attention to do the essentials.What you are trying to achieve is for them to seek company from each other, even though at the moment there is a barrier between them

Hi Jane, ok thank you. Will just go in to do the feeding & cleaning. I’ll miss them & snuggles but if it helps then I’m for it. Just have to give it some time now of living together xx

Back