• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Fudgie/ Update!

As some of you may know, Fudgie is now on her own after we sadly lost Snoopy last week. Fudgie very much prefers rabbit company to humans and is very lost and lonely on her own. Unfortunately I feel that I'm little comfort to her.

I therefore feel I need to look into getting her a friend sooner rather than later. I emailed a rescue in Essex last night, but I do understand that rescues are overwhelmed so it may be some time before I get a response.

I know a few people on here run/volunteer at rescues and so I would be really grateful if you could let me know if you have any suitable single boys available who could be matched up with Fudgie. We're based in North East London. I'm happy to travel but don't drive so I may need help with a bunny run. Unfortunately, due to insurance restrictions I have to cap the age limit at 5 years old.

Thanks very much for any help.

Last edited:
That was the rescue I contacted. As soon as I sent the email I saw that he had been reserved, which was a shame as I really liked the look of Domino.

Thanks for the link, he's a lovely looking fellow. I hadn't heard of that rescue so I'll go and have a look.

Have you tried the blue cross? This is who I use in suffolk but there are other branches.
I am in Ipswich but I would be more than happy to help you with any bunny runs that you might need if you found a suitable bunny in this area.

Thanks Craig, I actually hadn't thought of the Blue Cross. I'll have a look and see if there are any branches near me.

I've seen a black and white bun on the RSPCA site. According to the blurb, he's a nervous bun who needs an adult only home. I'm going to put in an application for him as I think I'd be able to offer him the kind of home he would need.

I've seen a black and white bun on the RSPCA site. According to the blurb, he's a nervous bun who needs an adult only home. I'm going to put in an application for him as I think I'd be able to offer him the kind of home he would need.

I know the bunny you mean and he's lovely :) Good luck :love:

Thanks Craig, I actually hadn't thought of the Blue Cross. I'll have a look and see if there are any branches near me.

Fingers crossed for you, you would be perfect for him :love:

I just want to wish you luck in finding a suitable friend for Fudgie. It is wonderful you are thinking of her during such a difficult time for you both. Hugs.

that is lovely

I really hope a new friend will ease Fudgies pain of loss & give you a positive distraction from yours. You've both been in my thoughts loads.

All paws crossed you find her the perfect friend. I'm wondering if its Inky - i've seen him before & love him already

I really hope a new friend will ease Fudgies pain of loss & give you a positive distraction from yours. You've both been in my thoughts loads.

All paws crossed you find her the perfect friend. I'm wondering if its Inky - i've seen him before & love him already

WHAT A GREAT NAME! oops, caps

Good news! I've been approved to adopt Inky! I think it was the picture of the boat that swung it.

It does feel very bittersweet. I'm still very upset over losing Snoopy. But at the same time I get an awful pang in my heart when I look at Fudgie sitting by herself. Poor Inky also had a rotten start in life, dumped by the side of the road, so I'm glad he'll have a chance to have a better life.

Let's just hope the bunnies like each other!

Back