• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eloquent Ears! Does your bunny talk to you with his ears?

Zarla

Alpha Buck
Dusty has long crooked silky ears, not the usual short, furred lionhead ears. Her dad was a lop and her ears are always up and down. Very sweet.

They're very sensitive and nearly always moving. If I say her name she'll always move an ear in response!

Anyone else noticed this?

You called……

wU2uVVI.jpg

9HtqC0N.jpg

App7dt3.jpg

Oh, yes, even when they're relaxing they're still keeping track of everything, turning their ears toward all the little noises. Sophie and Casper only listen to their name when there's food involved, though. :lol:

Aw, what lovely long ears that bun has, Jane! Thanks for the pictures.

Yes, A Reader of Books - always alert! I knew how unhappy she was post spay as her ears were folded right down and motionless all day.

Last edited:
Athie is always listening and satelliteing with is ears [emoji1787]
Only time Zeus's ears tell me something is when they're half up because he heard something odd and usually looking at me to verify if it's OK or not

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Mine don't sadly - I've 2 deaf girls & 1 hearing boy but he is excellent at pretending he can't hear me at all - like Reader of books' rabbits his ears start functioning again if I'm holding (the right) food

I loved when I was trying to bond my quad though & the boys would both move their ears in the exact same directions whenever a car went by, a neighbour made a noise

Yes, A Reader of Books - always alert! I knew how unhappy she was post spay as her ears were folded right down and motionless all day.
Yeah, you can tell when they're not feeling well when they don't even bother to listen to things. Poor Dusty.

Back