• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly question…bedding?

Luka12346

New Kit
So this is probably really silly, but what should i use for the indoors buns bedding? I’ve only had outdoor buns before, should I be using blankets rather than hay or straw? They won’t be litter trained (but we will be starting on that as soon as they are hone) but I don’t want them peeing on blankets as it’ll be hard to clean!

I tend to use a cat carrier with hay on top of newspaper if I have rabbits indoors. Remove the door (or prop it open so it can't accidentally close). It gives them somewhere to go if they want to, or they can sit on top of it. Hay inevitably gets everywhere.

Some rabbits will eat fabric or chew holes in it, but you could try fleece blankets or vetbed. Shake them out and wash them as usual in a mesh bag / pillow case to collect any hay / fur.

When I look after my friend's Rabbits they are indoors and I put an old duvet cover down in the enclosure then put a litter tray in with newspaper and hay on top. This encourages them to use it for their toilet as Rabbits like to eat while they pooh! I get second-hand duvet covers from Charity shops, or you can use a sheet.

My bunch refused to use any of the blankets or beds I got for them, they prefer to just sleep on the wood floor and now and then on the one carpet.
When I just got Gaia I did put a few sheets down in her pen but she ended up just digging them up and peeing on them. Mine really does seem to use the litter tray and ignore anything soft for them to snooze on

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

My buns are outdoors but were inside for a couple of weeks after neutering and they love love sleeping on kids puzzle mats. Never chewed them. If one did try, I just said no and she stopped. They now sleep on them alllll the time in their outside run. They are soft and spongy but also flat which my buns tend to prefer. My buns would never sleep on straw or hay. Now it's cold I have even lined half their run with the spongy puzzle mats, they absolutely love them

My buns are outdoors but were inside for a couple of weeks after neutering and they love love sleeping on kids puzzle mats. Never chewed them. If one did try, I just said no and she stopped. They now sleep on them alllll the time in their outside run. They are soft and spongy but also flat which my buns tend to prefer. My buns would never sleep on straw or hay. Now it's cold I have even lined half their run with the spongy puzzle mats, they absolutely love them

I wonder if I should get some of these for my old girl who lives in our lounge. I use a variety of duvets, fleeces, quilt covers, sherpa throws ...however she is having more & more accidents . Its a lot of washing as she likes her floor coverings thick as do I as she has arthritis & it helps with her movement. Maybe puzzle mats covered with just one layer of blanket would work for her. She is not a chewer

I use puzzle mats under rugs for my two.

For Rodney it's a case of he can't see it so won't eat it bless him.

They definitely prefer the areas with it underfoot, we have tile floors and I think it insulates it a but as well as extra squish factor.

They used to help with Primrose's sore hocks as well.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Back