Thread: Lumps under incision after neutering

Default Lumps under incision after neutering

Poor Dusty's neutering woes continue. She had her four day post op check up yesterday and all was well but just this afternoon I noticed two lumps (one pea sized, one marble sized) under the incision line that have only arrived today. They're not weeping or hot to the touch and Dusty didn't flinch when I touched them.

Could they be keloid scarring or the rabbit equivalent? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Could be a reaction to internal suture material. Could be scaring Less likely would be a herniating spay.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Wise Old Thumper

Can you take a photo and send it to your Vet? I hope Dusty will be ok.

One of my females had this! It turned out to be a reaction to the sutures at Jane said, and it went away on its own, but we did do more cage rest because it happened after she'd been able to go back to her normal exercise stuff 2 weeks post op. But I took her to the vets and they drained out some fluid to check it. So I'd take her back so they can make sure it's all okay

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thank you! Apparently it's a seroma and quite common after neutering rabbits, cats and dogs. Caused by too much stretching and Dusty does do a lot of it. 😂

Glad to hear that all is OK

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !