• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Joey - foot update

If it is hard and immobile then a bony type growth seems likely. My Jack had one on his hip. A punch biopsy was taken.
Sending vibes for Joey x

thank You JJ. Did Jack's develop quite quickly cos I'm sure this must have - I do manhandle him every couple of weeks at least to look for bumps / things not seeming right. Do you mind sharing Jacks outcome ? Also I guess a punch biopsy would require anaesthetic? He'll have whatever is best for him of course - I'm just mentally preparing / planning

thank You JJ. Did Jack's develop quite quickly cos I'm sure this must have - I do manhandle him every couple of weeks at least to look for bumps / things not seeming right. Do you mind sharing Jacks outcome ? Also I guess a punch biopsy would require anaesthetic? He'll have whatever is best for him of course - I'm just mentally preparing / planning

Jack’s lump appeared very quickly. It was an osteosarcoma unfortunately. He had the punch biopsy done under sedation, not a full GA.

Bunny buddy - do we get to go in consults now? I read we did on website but reckon you might be more up to date

Oh, poor Joey. :( It's good that it doesn't seem to be hurting him, at least. I hope the vet can find out what it is, and I hope it's easily treatable. Sending Joey lots and lots of vibes.

Bunny buddy - do we get to go in consults now? I read we did on website but reckon you might be more up to date

Yes and no. I think you will from what you described.

Since they have let us in again I have had 2 in for stasis.

One with Ruth, I went in

The second, the nurse took the bunny off me to do x-ray and blood glucose and as soon as available the vet, Heather came out with the verdict.

Neither of course we're scheduled appointments so I think that made the difference with the car park one.

Whilst I was waiting I did see some car park consults and people going in with pets. I would be pretty sure you will get the option of indoor consultant for e scheduled appointment.

Thank you Reader

Yes and no. I think you will from what you described.

Since they have let us in again I have had 2 in for stasis.

One with Ruth, I went in

The second, the nurse took the bunny off me to do x-ray and blood glucose and as soon as available the vet, Heather came out with the verdict.

Neither of course we're scheduled appointments so I think that made the difference with the car park one.

Whilst I was waiting I did see some car park consults and people going in with pets. I would be pretty sure you will get the option of indoor consultant for e scheduled appointment.

That's good then. I hate not being with them. Poor Paul - can't believe I'm landing him with all 3 in one go again

Lots of vibes for Joey today, and hope the girls get on well with their checkups. Big hugs J & B xx

Silly me, it's tomorrow ! I'm a day ahead of myself here. Never mind above wishes still stand :D

Last edited:
Poor Joey, it's good that he doesn't seem to be in pain so hopefully it's nothing too serious. Sending hugs xxx

Hello, I’ve only just seen this. Poor Joey with the lump. So hard when you’re not sure what it is. Lots of vibes from me, Winnie and Zigs

Back