• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Joey - foot update

Poor Joey love :( I would think that if he's not limping and puts his full weight on it, then it can't be causing pain.

You've got a resilient wee man there, j&b...long may he continue to be pain free and happy. :love: xxxxx

I’m so glad he is still doing well. He is obviously unaware of the issue and living life to the full, as happy as ever :love:

Poor Joey. It must be horrible watching that thing growing, but like others have said, he is oblivious and that's the main thing for the moment.

I'm sure he must have noticed:lol: he's not that daft. I believe Joey knows better whats wrong with him better than anyone & I think Boobly understands too as their relationship has changed. They are more cuddly ..but that could be seasonal I suppose..

I'm pleased he's bright of course. Its horrible seeing it get bigger. Trying not to think what could / will happen.

Thank You for all your kind words :love:

Its been a month since I took this photo

its definitely bigger now (taken today)

He seems bright & happy for now. He doesn't limp & puts full weight on it although his gait is affected a little cos its so damn big

oh dear :(
Tulip sends her love to everyone there xxx & I do too

I'm sure he must have noticed:lol: he's not that daft. I believe Joey knows better whats wrong with him better than anyone & I think Boobly understands too as their relationship has changed. They are more cuddly ..but that could be seasonal I suppose..

I'm pleased he's bright of course. Its horrible seeing it get bigger. Trying not to think what could / will happen.

Thank You for all your kind words :love:

Sending vibes.

I'm so sorry it has noticeably grown. :( I'm glad he seems to be comfortable walking on it, at least. I'd think Joey surely must've noticed, too, and I'm not surprised that you think Boo understands what's going on, too, and that their relationship has changed. Bunnies do seem to sense these things very well. Whether it's his health or the season or both, I'm glad Joey is getting plenty of Boo cuddles. Sending so many vibes for Joey. :love:

Thank You Mike, Katty m, C&D & Reader.

He was begging me to open some new forage last night & was periscoping away ...so really hope we are managing his pain. He still seems on good form generally

Sending more vibes for the majestic Joey - who is really an amazing bunny with such a blessed life with you and mousey and Boo. I hope that he continues to be comfortable and his pain meds keep him comfortable. He’s a very special rabbit. Xx

It does sound like you're keeping him pain-free if he's periscoping. I'm glad he can do that since it's an excellent way to beg and get yummy things. :love:

Back