• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Joey - foot update

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
My poor boy has a massive lump on his foot. It doesn't appear to cause him any pain (no response when I touched it & he is happily running about)
Has anyone experienced anything similar? I'm worried :(

rc9QwyDl.jpg

Last edited:
I’m sending loads of vibes for Joey. Sorry I have no idea what it is but hope that your vet might know. Xx

I would get it checked out - probably expect it to be aspirated to see what is in it. Could be an abscess, cyst, foreign body...

Poor Joey :( I've no idea what this is I'm sorry. No pain probably means no infection. Thinking of you and him and hoping you can soon find out what it's likely to be.

:( Nothing to offer that hasn't already been suggested, but a head's up in case you don't already know - both Ruth and Heather are on holiday this week...

Hope all goes well with Joey's poorly foot.

Thanks everyone. We do have an appointment - in fact they all have (why do I do this to myself) but its not til Thursday & its with a Crab Lane Vet I don't know as well as the others. I could get him seen sooner locally but want Crab Lane expertise incase he needs GA as he's 11 next birthday so an older rabbit.

:( Don't know but a head's up in case you don't already know - both Ruth and Heather are on holiday this week...

Hope all goes well with Joey's poorly foot.

Ahh, I got A & P as my choices. Obv wasn't expecting Ruth at the end of the week . Fancy letting both the bunny vets take leave at the same time !

Ahh, I got A & P as my choices. Obv wasn't expecting Ruth at the end of the week . Fancy letting both the bunny vets take leave at the same time !

I know. I wanted to book in a rabbit with a wet chin but the receptionist (whose voice was new to me) told me both were off, I jokingly said, "They can't both be off the same week" and she was a little defensive and explained they worked opposite ends of the week, but you obviously view it in the same way I do. I'm not sure how keen they are to let bunnies book with H anyway and take her away from orthopaedics.

I suspect you have transport covered if you have booked all 3 but if you ever need transport, please shout up - it's still a novelty for me taking out my new 'bunny ambulance', so excuses welcomed.

Oh Joey! :(

Might sound weird, does it feel like solid and attached? Or is it more a movable lump? That's like free?

I hope you can get him seen quickly x

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I know. I wanted to book in a rabbit with a wet chin but the receptionist (whose voice was new to me) told me both were off, I jokingly said, "They can't both be off the same week" and she was a little defensive and explained they worked opposite ends of the week, but you obviously view it in the same way I do. I'm not sure how keen they are to let bunnies book with H anyway and take her away from orthopaedics.

I suspect you have transport covered if you have booked all 3 but if you ever need transport, please shout up - it's still a novelty for me taking out my new 'bunny ambulance', so excuses welcomed.

Thats very kind. Yeah Bob is off Thursday which is why we're booked in for then. Boo doesn't actually need seeing as far as we know but she'll be going as Joey's emotional support so it makes sense to get her looked over. Mouse is in for a review. I am so going to be covered in bunny stinky wee

Oh Joey! :(

Might sound weird, does it feel like solid and attached? Or is it more a movable lump? That's like free?

I hope you can get him seen quickly x

It feels pretty solid but I've not pressed it - just felt lightly around. I'd say attached, not round & not hot. What are you thinking Graicee?

It feels pretty solid but I've not pressed it - just felt lightly around. I'd say attached, not round & not hot. What are you thinking Graicee?

Idk really wondering if it could be an abscess or something, did he ever have sore hocks? Or like the start of them? All of mine have those two like hard sections on the bottom of their feet, especially the heal one, so like early ish stages, that doesn't seem to get worse rn? If you know what I mean, probably haven't described that very well [emoji38]

Idk really wondering if it could be an abscess or something, did he ever have sore hocks? Or like the start of them? All of mine have those two like hard sections on the bottom of their feet, especially the heal one, so like early ish stages, that doesn't seem to get worse rn? If you know what I mean, probably haven't described that very well [emoji38]

not sure i understand :lol: A while back he had the tiniest pale pink teeny bald spot at the back of his heel but it went when we put a cotton duvet on top of the carpet under the bed. I don't think you'd go as far as to describe it as a sore hock. In fact Boo has had them for many years - never grown. I think i read a tiny spot of calloused skin is acceptable / normal .

If it is hard and immobile then a bony type growth seems likely. My Jack had one on his hip. A punch biopsy was taken.
Sending vibes for Joey x

Oh really sorry to hear about Joeys foot, no suggestions but sending loads of vibes that it's nothing to worry about. Hope the girls both get a clean bill of health too, and hope you don't get too much wee on you :?

not sure i understand [emoji38] A while back he had the tiniest pale pink teeny bald spot at the back of his heel but it went when we put a cotton duvet on top of the carpet under the bed. I don't think you'd go as far as to describe it as a sore hock. In fact Boo has had them for many years - never grown. I think i read a tiny spot of calloused skin is acceptable / normal .
Yes that's what I mean! My velvets have them and Apricot does, I've not had a good look at Willoughby's feet tbh yet [emoji38]

I hope they can aspirate it and tell you what it is, and hopefully it can be removed and there's nothing elsewhere, sending so many vibes for him xx

Back