Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cookie's love of medicine

Quote Originally Posted by KCG View Post
    In Turkish, a word is said for such situations "The one who loves the rose endures the thorn".
    I like that! Surely the best option would be getting a rose without thorns, though.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Quote Originally Posted by a reader of books View Post
    I like that! Surely the best option would be getting a rose without thorns, though.
    I hope Casper is a thornless rose

I hope Casper is a thornless rose
    No, unfortunately Casper is quite thorny when it comes to taking meds from a syringe, too. Maybe Cookie could teach Sophie and Casper to take their meds like he does!

No, unfortunately Casper is quite thorny when it comes to taking meds from a syringe, too. Maybe Cookie could teach Sophie and Casper to take their meds like he does!
    Actually, Cookie didn't like medicine at first. I started giving him very petty treats after every medicine(1-2 pellets, a pinch of favorite vegetables). Cookie finally got used to the medicine. I don't give treats now but at first I got him used to it like this So actually we have done thought affirmation, learned that medicine is nothing to be afraid of. Now he has a positive thought towards medicine and he is very happy when he sees medicine.
    Loneliness is a deaf friend,
    In time you forget your own voice..

Actually, Cookie didn't like medicine at first. I started giving him very petty treats after every medicine(1-2 pellets, a pinch of favorite vegetables). Cookie finally got used to the medicine. I don't give treats now but at first I got him used to it like this So actually we have done thought affirmation, learned that medicine is nothing to be afraid of. Now he has a positive thought towards medicine and he is very happy when he sees medicine.
    See, I always try that with Sophie and Casper, but after I've given them their medication, they're so annoyed with me that they won't take a treat. I'm glad it worked for Cookie, though.

See, I always try that with Sophie and Casper, but after I've given them their medication, they're so annoyed with me that they won't take a treat. I'm glad it worked for Cookie, though.
    OMG really? How strong they are, I feel sorry for you
    Last edited by KCG; 25-10-2021 at 04:25 PM.
    Loneliness is a deaf friend,
    In time you forget your own voice..

Sophie she can still do no wrong, I'd say its a positive she has a strong personality & is so proficient in expressing herself. joey refuses treats (til at least I'm not looking) if I have to pick him up for any reason. he's a dream to handle but must hate it nonetheless

OMG really? How strong they are, I feel sorry for you
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Sophie she can still do no wrong, I'd say its a positive she has a strong personality & is so proficient in expressing herself. joey refuses treats (til at least I'm not looking) if I have to pick him up for any reason. he's a dream to handle but must hate it nonetheless
    She does have a strong personality, you're right, and I wouldn't want her to be any other way. Aw, if Joey's prepared to refuse a treat for it, he must not like being picked up, no, despite being so easy to handle... It would be nice if there was never any need to pick them up, since most bunnies don't like it.