• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Penicillin injections and eye removal adivice

I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news, you did your absolute best for her, big hugs for you and Ivy xx Sweet dreams Lily xxxx

Lily sadly died last night. She was hospitalized anyway and they rang at 2am to say she had been fitting and they advised PTS. I rushed to be there for her but she passed while I was on my way. I brought Ivy, her sister who had been with her as company and support, home with me and reunited her with the other 2 in that bond. Lily and Ivy were so very close-always together and Ivy is missing her so much as am I.I'm absolutely devistated.:cry::cry::cry:
I love you my beautiful Lily-Lou. Pain free and at peace.xxxxx

I am so sorry :cry: RIP Lily x

I'm so sorry to hear your beautiful girl has passed away. Sweet dreams Lily xx
Hoppetylop you will be in my thoughts, I'm sorry you have to endure the heartbreak that follows giving your heart & soul to a special bunny friend

Back