Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belka going to vet

Warren Scout

Also belka got another dose of parasite treatment for her skin. Itís practically gone just a tiny bit & thatís been over 3 wks since last dose so thought best to get 1 more dose to do the job & vet agreed. Sheís booked in for her molar spur on 27th. She also has matts under her chin they found. Sheís struggling to groom it. I asked shoukd I take a trimmer to it but said no & try washing it & brushing & ask vet when she goes for dental to try & do it. I donít know if sheís been drooling there because of dental. What a sorry state she was in after years of not getting seen by a vet . Iv got her on pet health club & I will take her for vet check ups etc & hopefully we are off to a good future now. So many things I didnít know as a first time owner but she will get the best care from now on. Now sheís on the club she gets her check ups etc. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Iím so pleased Bella is ok. Apologies I didnít comment before you went to the vet - but I was thinking of you and Bella all the way home as I drove. Iím so pleased everything is ok and no your not stupid so donít feel you are. Everyone of us has been there. It shows how deep you care and how observant you are. If there were more people like you, rabbits and pets would be in a far better place.
    Craig x
    Hi Craig, thank you so much . Gosh I really felt I was thinking it was something really bad. Thank goodness sheís ok. Donít worry at all about not commenting before & thank you for thinking of us. Thatís so kind, I do try my best to give them the best life & would run to vets again in a minute if I ever thought something was wrong. Hopefully now we are on a better road of health & happiness for bela & getting her all sorted.xx

Ah I'm glad she's okay! Scent glands can look a bit gross, and it's not something that's widely advertised about bunnies I would say! I'd rather overreact than underreact, especially in the genital area as infection could occur quickly, so you did the right thing!

The matted fur could be to do with the teeth, if the vets can clean her up that should help, and she will hopefully be in a better place to keep herself clean afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Glad that she is OK

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

Glad she's OK. I wouldn't worry about not knowing about them.

I once took Rodney to our old vets due to funky smell and asked them to show me how to clean them and the vet didn't even know they had them!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Orenoko View Post
    Ah I'm glad she's okay! Scent glands can look a bit gross, and it's not something that's widely advertised about bunnies I would say! I'd rather overreact than underreact, especially in the genital area as infection could occur quickly, so you did the right thing!

The matted fur could be to do with the teeth, if the vets can clean her up that should help, and she will hopefully be in a better place to keep herself clean afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Thank you. Yes hers had been secreting stuff for a while & I hadnít known. The smell is what I noticed first thatís why I examined her & it had all hardened & was smelling. Yes very true glad I took her as coukd have been something else & wanted to be safe. I now know she needs help to keep them clean I can do that for her so she doesnít get it again. Yes Iím asking vet to do that when she goes in for her tooth. Then regular brushing should keep her ok. Itís funny because I was brushing her the other night & she loved it. I then went to do under her chin & she started thumping. I knew she didnít like that & now know why. The matts must have been there before I got her in may. She had never been to vets prior & I didnít know to check there for them. If just said to vet can you check under her chin as sheís been a bit wet there & trying to groom it. Xx

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Glad that she is OK
    Yes so glad & happy thank you. Iím learning a lot lately & itís great cause I can know what to look out for etc now. Xx

Warren Scout

Hello everyone, just thought Iíd update on Bella. So today she went in for her dental. Before it I asked the vet to check her bum/genital area & to deal with the matting under her chin/chest area. They had to shave it off & I think itís been like that for so long before we took her in may. I only noticed the matting because I seen she was wet there & then when I was brushing her & went there she got upset. I had a feel & felt the matts. I feel terrible not noticing before but I really did t know they coukd get matted there or that short haired rabbits could get them. I will now keep her brushed. They also gave her anti inflammatory for the swollen genitals for a week. If itís not gone down they will need to investigate further. Iv had her there before about that & the nurse I think it was said it was normal! So glad they have seen itís not. Iím picking her up soon & I hope sheís on the mend to better health & get everything sorted out for her. I just wanted to ask some advice please. Sheís outdoors in her shed but now sheís been shaved Iím worried she may get cold & sick. Do I need to take her in until it grows back? Thank you xx

Wise Old Thumper

Sorry not to have been around this evening (Andre Rieu has been on the TV!). Bella should be ok if you decided to keep her outside but did she have a general anaesthetic? We normally keep them indoors for the first night. She is in her shed so she will be ok I think. Maybe you decided to have her indoors?

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    Sorry not to have been around this evening (Andre Rieu has been on the TV!). Bella should be ok if you decided to keep her outside but did she have a general anaesthetic? We normally keep them indoors for the first night. She is in her shed so she will be ok I think. Maybe you decided to have her indoors?
    Hi Toni, sorry just seen this. Lol hope you enjoyed it . Bellas been inside since vets. I just want to keep her in for now as itís getting so cold & I worry sheís lonely on her own xx