• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Walking the bunny

How can I trust if they're telling the truth? :D
Ask it open ended and see what they say, don't indicate what answer you're looking for. Then see what they come back with [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Ask it open ended and see what they say, don't indicate what answer you're looking for. Then see what they come back with [emoji38]

Ok, I will try but you are so cute :D This is eastern society after all, they are very likely to not tell the truth to sell the product :roll:

Ok, I will try but you are so cute :D This is eastern society after all, they are very likely to not tell the truth to sell the product :roll:
But if they don't know what you want to hear they're likely to just say the truth I'm thinking. Like if they have no idea you want them heat treated, they're unlikely to randomly bring that up [emoji38]

But if they don't know what you want to hear they're likely to just say the truth I'm thinking. Like if they have no idea you want them heat treated, they're unlikely to randomly bring that up [emoji38]

Haha ok, I will try the way you said. Normally I'm happy with the dog pad, but when the hay was soft it got wet when it got wet. So I put in more hay than usual today I hope it's ok now. :)

By the way, anyway, it's not a dog pad, it's a hay. Normally, even if the other hays got wet, there was no sticking and wetness, it remained dry. But this hay is like soft dry grass and when it gets wet it stays sticky and wet. So when he pees on this hay, the hay stays wet, not dry like the others. Now his tail is wet again, now I cleaned it and added more hay on top. The first thing I do tomorrow will be to buy wheat hay. I will mix the both :(

Haha ok, I will try the way you said. Normally I'm happy with the dog pad, but when the hay was soft it got wet when it got wet. So I put in more hay than usual today I hope it's ok now. :)
Yea I mean either is fine, but I'd send the email so I might have choices between the pellets and the pads, gives more flexibility too if you can't get hold of one for a short time etc. I mean sending an email will only take 2 minutes, then you can access what you think of their answer when they respond :)

Cookie was a clean bunny, now his feet are getting wet because of this hay :( Tomorrow I will go to a nearby village, there is another meadow grass hay, I will go look for the farmer's hay.

Cookie was a clean bunny, now his feet are getting wet because of this hay :( Tomorrow I will go to a nearby village, there is another meadow grass hay, I will go look for the farmer's hay.
We have soft hay here but don't have this issue, we buy soft and stalky and feed them alternatively to mix things up a bit, mine love the soft hay, but no issues with wet feet, we use pellets underneath tho, maybe the puppy pad can't absorb anymore? Seems weird tho tbh!

Can you get "fresh news" in Turkey?

Last edited:
We have soft hay here but don't have this issue, we buy soft and stalky and feed them alternatively to mix things up a bit, mine love the soft hay, but no issues with wet feet, we use pellets underneath tho, maybe the puppy pad can't absorb anymore? Seems weird tho tbh!

Can you get "fresh news" in Turkey?

No, we haven't had any problems with the pads for more than 1 month. But this hay sticks together when wet and becomes like wet leaf grass :( I don't understand what kind of hay this is, it's more like dry grass than hay.

I cleaned Cookie's paws and bottom with dry shampoo. But the pee stain still remains, it looks yellow, do you think I should just wash his feet? Would you recommend ? :roll:

I cleaned Cookie's paws and bottom with dry shampoo. But the pee stain still remains, it looks yellow, do you think I should just wash his feet? Would you recommend ? :roll:
I wouldn't use any kinda of product on him, what is the dry shampoo? I wouldn't want my buns ingesting that when they groom those areas

He'll groom himself and clean it himself

Yea I wouldn't use that personally. Yea Willoughby is completely white now, no stains left!

I'm so glad for that :) Cookie is normally pure white, I feel sad when his paws are yellow like this. Now does Cookie get sick when he licks his pee-stained paws ?

I'm so glad for that :) Cookie is normally pure white, I feel sad when his paws are yellow like this. Now does Cookie get sick when he licks his pee-stained paws ?
No he'll be fine, he's more likely to get sick licking that shampoo imo. I wouldn't worry about the pee at all. If I have to clean Atticus because I don't want it all over my house obviously I use just plain water and in worse case scenarios this very mild natural baby shampoo

No he'll be fine, he's more likely to get sick licking that shampoo imo. I wouldn't worry about the pee at all. If I have to clean Atticus because I don't want it all over my house obviously I use just plain water and in worse case scenarios this very mild natural baby shampoo

Oh ok, thank you for saying that. It was written in most rabbit blogs that I could use it, so I used it 1-2 times a year when I had to. But now I couldn't trust:|

I'm afraid that stained fur can't be unstained - but it will grow out. I've currently got a white rabbit with v bad staining underneath and up her back from a rather stubborn UTI and a diet with a lot of fruit tree / bush prunings as there isn't much grass now, and I'm cutting out anything that may contribute to sludge (ie cabbage). She's actually fairly orange from all the pigments from the late season leaves and urine stains.

I use dilute dog shampoo (or baby shampoo) for her bum baths. I wouldn't use dry shampoo as it's likely to stay on the fur and get groomed out.

I'm afraid that stained fur can't be unstained - but it will grow out. I've currently got a white rabbit with v bad staining underneath and up her back from a rather stubborn UTI and a diet with a lot of fruit tree / bush prunings as there isn't much grass now, and I'm cutting out anything that may contribute to sludge (ie cabbage). She's actually fairly orange from all the pigments from the late season leaves and urine stains.

I use dilute dog shampoo (or baby shampoo) for her bum baths. I wouldn't use dry shampoo as it's likely to stay on the fur and get groomed out.

I'm sorry to hear that your rabbit is experiencing UTI. I hope she gets better fast. Xxxx

This is the first time I've heard of dilute dog shampoo. Is it really safe and how is it used?

My bun Dusty would try to eat a puppy pad. I gave her a cardboard tube to chew and after an hour she'd eaten half of it, despite being surrounded by tastier food. Never again.

Back