Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Walking the bunny

I cleaned Cookie's paws and bottom with dry shampoo. But the pee stain still remains, it looks yellow, do you think I should just wash his feet? Would you recommend ?

Quote Originally Posted by KCG View Post
    I cleaned Cookie's paws and bottom with dry shampoo. But the pee stain still remains, it looks yellow, do you think I should just wash his feet? Would you recommend ?
    I wouldn't use any kinda of product on him, what is the dry shampoo? I wouldn't want my buns ingesting that when they groom those areas

He'll groom himself and clean it himself

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    I wouldn't use any kinda of product on him, what is the dry shampoo? I wouldn't want my buns ingesting that when they groom those areas

He'll groom himself and clean it himself

But yes I remember you, you didn't clean the fur on a rabbit's back when it was urine. I trust you in your rabbit care. I use this for situations like this

https://images.app.goo.gl/bY694gHVfb8w8GfH9

But yes I remember you, you didn't clean the fur on a rabbit's back when it was urine. I trust you in your rabbit care. I use this for situations like this

https://images.app.goo.gl/bY694gHVfb8w8GfH9
    Yea I wouldn't use that personally. Yea Willoughby is completely white now, no stains left!

Yea I wouldn't use that personally. Yea Willoughby is completely white now, no stains left!

I'm so glad for that Cookie is normally pure white, I feel sad when his paws are yellow like this. Now does Cookie get sick when he licks his pee-stained paws ?

I'm so glad for that Cookie is normally pure white, I feel sad when his paws are yellow like this. Now does Cookie get sick when he licks his pee-stained paws ?
    No he'll be fine, he's more likely to get sick licking that shampoo imo. I wouldn't worry about the pee at all. If I have to clean Atticus because I don't want it all over my house obviously I use just plain water and in worse case scenarios this very mild natural baby shampoo

No he'll be fine, he's more likely to get sick licking that shampoo imo. I wouldn't worry about the pee at all. If I have to clean Atticus because I don't want it all over my house obviously I use just plain water and in worse case scenarios this very mild natural baby shampoo

Oh ok, thank you for saying that. It was written in most rabbit blogs that I could use it, so I used it 1-2 times a year when I had to. But now I couldn't trust

Warren Veteran

I'm afraid that stained fur can't be unstained - but it will grow out. I've currently got a white rabbit with v bad staining underneath and up her back from a rather stubborn UTI and a diet with a lot of fruit tree / bush prunings as there isn't much grass now, and I'm cutting out anything that may contribute to sludge (ie cabbage). She's actually fairly orange from all the pigments from the late season leaves and urine stains.

I use dilute dog shampoo (or baby shampoo) for her bum baths. I wouldn't use dry shampoo as it's likely to stay on the fur and get groomed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    I'm afraid that stained fur can't be unstained - but it will grow out. I've currently got a white rabbit with v bad staining underneath and up her back from a rather stubborn UTI and a diet with a lot of fruit tree / bush prunings as there isn't much grass now, and I'm cutting out anything that may contribute to sludge (ie cabbage). She's actually fairly orange from all the pigments from the late season leaves and urine stains.

I use dilute dog shampoo (or baby shampoo) for her bum baths. I wouldn't use dry shampoo as it's likely to stay on the fur and get groomed out.
    I'm sorry to hear that your rabbit is experiencing UTI. I hope she gets better fast. Xxxx

This is the first time I've heard of dilute dog shampoo. Is it really safe and how is it used?

Haha ok, I will try the way you said. Normally I'm happy with the dog pad, but when the hay was soft it got wet when it got wet. So I put in more hay than usual today I hope it's ok now.
    My bun Dusty would try to eat a puppy pad. I gave her a cardboard tube to chew and after an hour she'd eaten half of it, despite being surrounded by tastier food. Never again.