Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo's home! *UPDATED with video*

Default Flo's home! *UPDATED with video*

Ok - there's alot to cram in here so apologies if I ramble on a bit. I've not begun downloading the video footage but I will do once I post this so at least you'll have something to read. It's 7pm and my kitchen is DESTROYED! Those 2 hooligans have taken over what was my nice clean(ish) kitchen/diner and turned it into thier own home from home. There's hay all over the place, dog crates (on loan), metal seperating divider things (on loan) and tons of food. But, Flo and Alex/Ed/Alf (yet to be confirmed) seem to be comfortable with their accommodation.
    I got home at 5:30 and Jan said Flo has been itching to go outside all day - Flo of course was sitting by the external door looking like a grounded teenager. So I opened the door and .....woooof - out she flew. She didn't need a second invitation - she's spent the last 3 weeks inside. The magical bit was with new bun. He's never been outside so this was a whole new world to him. So I captured all this on video. It was fascinating, and yet painful in a way, watching him be so anxious to step outside. But once he got his confidence, well, that was that. It's a complete contrast to the confident in your face bun that we saw last week at the rescue centre. And he looked so big! After a few minutes of learning his memory map of where he was and how to find his way back to the kitchen, he was feeling much more relaxed and settled and started to enjoy the garden.
    Meanwhile.......Flo was having a blast. She knew she was back home and back in her garden and she was a completely different rabbit to the one we handed over to the rescue centre 3 weeks back. And I said words to this effect on the video (to follow). This was not a sad, depressed bunny any more. This was a joyful zesty bunny who was looking for the new bun and following him as much as he followed Flo. New bun was exploring more and more and I captured a superb mid air binkey from Alex/Ed/Alf. Flo binkeyed at least 3 times and is so different. I think she's lost a bit of weight. But when you see the videos you can all judge for yourself whether you think Flo is different.
    One thing I am a bit worried about is new buns back legs. Bearing in mind he was crammed in a 6x3 cage with 6 other bunnies with no freedom and for the last 6 months (he was born on 4th Feb) he has been in a foster home (indoors) and the rescue shelter. I think his legs look a little splayed but maybe they are just not yet toned. But given his new found love of the outside, I am sure he will tone up and improve.
    They're in the kitchen/diner now, but I can't see them much due to the various crates and accmmodation things in there. New bun likes to sploof and seems very chilled.
    I'll post videos as soon as I can - hopefully tonight but might be in the morning.
    Craig x
    Last edited by Craig 1965; 08-10-2021 at 09:11 PM.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Oh this is fantastic news Craig, just so pleased that they are settled in ok and have both had a good explore of the garden. Well done bunnies can't wait for the videos xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Aww this is great I was sure Flo would remember his house I am also glad that they are very happy together, I'm looking forward to the videos.

Wise Old Thumper

Brilliant news

Ok - here's the first first video - I originally took the footage upside down (those observant amongst you will note the date and time upside down at the top!), so I had to do a abit of manipulation to get it the right way up (camera is used as a dash cam - hence the upside down mode). This is new buns first tentative steps outside - his very first. It's only a couple of minutes as I'm downloading the next segment which is the right way round. That'll be half an hour on you tube. So more will follow....
    https://youtu.be/e_IJtaMo_lc
    Craig

Mama Doe

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Ok - here's the first first video - I originally took the footage upside down (those observant amongst you will note the date and time upside down at the top!), so I had to do a abit of manipulation to get it the right way up (camera is used as a dash cam - hence the upside down mode). This is new buns first tentative steps outside - his very first. It's only a couple of minutes as I'm downloading the next segment which is the right way round. That'll be half an hour on you tube. So more will follow....
    https://youtu.be/e_IJtaMo_lc
    Craig
    I smiled the whole time I watched this New bun is so so lovely!! I see what you mean about his back legs, but he doesn't look to be in any pain so I wouldn't worry at all. Like you say, they might shape and tone with exercise and lots of stretching. My Jelly girl has one of her front legs twisting inwards from a fox attack in her previous home, but it doesn't affect her at all and she runs around quite happily.

I can't wait to see more from these two, congratulations <3

Here's part 2 - which directly follows on from pt 1. Part 3 is in the pipe line and will follow as soon as.
    https://youtu.be/rF4UgmDGhlw
    Craig

Oh these are just wonderful Craig, I've got a big silly grin on my face

Next installment. More to follow...
    https://youtu.be/YOCYQyzUozM
    Craig

Oh these have really cheered me up

I am so so pleased for you all!