• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello my name is Drake and I just got a bunny I have waiting for 7 years to get.

I have been waiting from the time I was 3 to get a bunny of my own. Her name is Bobble and she is perfect for me. I’m new to having a bunny and want to do the best I can. In the pictures she is in her hutch but she doesn’t stay in here full time only when I am gone because I have dogs and cats as well. I’m scared they will hurt her if I’m not close to her.
0ee97c74c99bead9f22a8e0839aaa0b9.jpg

d09acaa565f7b8f240d718db2f1eb575.jpg

3dbbbe75be5788f7fb59ce7412c8cc37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I’m not sure what kind of bunny she is. Do you have an idea? And what are good questions to ask my vet when I take her for her first check up?

Congratulations on getting your first bunny. This forum has a lot of good information for you to read.

Some areas to start with are vaccinations and diet. Bunnies have very complex digestive systems so be careful to feed her only bunny safe foods. Lots of hay,a few pellets/nuggets,fresh water. Introduce new items slowly as she grows.

She is super cute.

Congratulations on getting your first bunny. This forum has a lot of good information for you to read.

Some areas to start with are vaccinations and diet. Bunnies have very complex digestive systems so be careful to feed her only bunny safe foods. Lots of hay,a few pellets/nuggets,fresh water. Introduce new items slowly as she grows.

She is super cute.

Thank you so much. What vaccinations should you get for a bunny? I was told to make sure she is wormed and keep her nails clipped but that is all I was told. She is eating alfalfa hay and a pellet fresh veggie mix that is organic.

Haha your bunny is very very sweet, very fluffy cute :D I'm caring for rabbits for the first time and it's been 1 year now, I learned a lot thanks to the forum. :) Since I live in Turkey, I do not know the vaccines there. It's true that you should cut her nails as long as they get. I suggest asking the forums when to add Timothy hay to her diet. Also check out the list of safe vegetables.

https://rabbit.org/suggested-vegetables-and-fruits-for-a-rabbit-diet/

Welcome Drake, I am very happy that you joined us. :)

Back