• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flo's home! *UPDATED with video*

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Ok - there's alot to cram in here so apologies if I ramble on a bit. I've not begun downloading the video footage but I will do once I post this so at least you'll have something to read. It's 7pm and my kitchen is DESTROYED! Those 2 hooligans have taken over what was my nice clean(ish) kitchen/diner and turned it into thier own home from home. There's hay all over the place, dog crates (on loan), metal seperating divider things (on loan) and tons of food. But, Flo and Alex/Ed/Alf (yet to be confirmed) seem to be comfortable with their accommodation.
I got home at 5:30 and Jan said Flo has been itching to go outside all day - Flo of course was sitting by the external door looking like a grounded teenager. So I opened the door and .....woooof - out she flew. She didn't need a second invitation - she's spent the last 3 weeks inside. The magical bit was with new bun. He's never been outside so this was a whole new world to him. So I captured all this on video. It was fascinating, and yet painful in a way, watching him be so anxious to step outside. But once he got his confidence, well, that was that. It's a complete contrast to the confident in your face bun that we saw last week at the rescue centre. And he looked so big! After a few minutes of learning his memory map of where he was and how to find his way back to the kitchen, he was feeling much more relaxed and settled and started to enjoy the garden.
Meanwhile.......Flo was having a blast. She knew she was back home and back in her garden and she was a completely different rabbit to the one we handed over to the rescue centre 3 weeks back. And I said words to this effect on the video (to follow). This was not a sad, depressed bunny any more. This was a joyful zesty bunny who was looking for the new bun and following him as much as he followed Flo. New bun was exploring more and more and I captured a superb mid air binkey from Alex/Ed/Alf. Flo binkeyed at least 3 times and is so different. I think she's lost a bit of weight. But when you see the videos you can all judge for yourself whether you think Flo is different.
One thing I am a bit worried about is new buns back legs. Bearing in mind he was crammed in a 6x3 cage with 6 other bunnies with no freedom and for the last 6 months (he was born on 4th Feb) he has been in a foster home (indoors) and the rescue shelter. I think his legs look a little splayed but maybe they are just not yet toned. But given his new found love of the outside, I am sure he will tone up and improve.
They're in the kitchen/diner now, but I can't see them much due to the various crates and accmmodation things in there. New bun likes to sploof and seems very chilled.
I'll post videos as soon as I can - hopefully tonight but might be in the morning.
Craig x

Last edited:
Oh this is fantastic news Craig, just so pleased that they are settled in ok and have both had a good explore of the garden. Well done bunnies can't wait for the videos xx

Aww this is great :love: I was sure Flo would remember his house :)I am also glad that they are very happy together, I'm looking forward to the videos. :love:

Ok - here's the first first video - I originally took the footage upside down (those observant amongst you will note the date and time upside down at the top!), so I had to do a abit of manipulation to get it the right way up (camera is used as a dash cam - hence the upside down mode). This is new buns first tentative steps outside - his very first. It's only a couple of minutes as I'm downloading the next segment which is the right way round. That'll be half an hour on you tube. So more will follow....
Craig

Ok - here's the first first video - I originally took the footage upside down (those observant amongst you will note the date and time upside down at the top!), so I had to do a abit of manipulation to get it the right way up (camera is used as a dash cam - hence the upside down mode). This is new buns first tentative steps outside - his very first. It's only a couple of minutes as I'm downloading the next segment which is the right way round. That'll be half an hour on you tube. So more will follow....
Craig

I smiled the whole time I watched this :love: New bun is so so lovely!! I see what you mean about his back legs, but he doesn't look to be in any pain so I wouldn't worry at all. Like you say, they might shape and tone with exercise and lots of stretching. My Jelly girl has one of her front legs twisting inwards from a fox attack in her previous home, but it doesn't affect her at all and she runs around quite happily.

I can't wait to see more from these two, congratulations <3

Here's part 2 - which directly follows on from pt 1. Part 3 is in the pipe line and will follow as soon as.
Craig

They both look so happy. I so wish I could let my buns loose in the garden but they would escape and I would never catch them as mine is so overgrown. Your buns are very lucky to have the space to run and binky and explore.

Does Alex have something white on one of his paws? Or is it a white paw? I can't quite see.

They both look so happy. I so wish I could let my buns loose in the garden but they would escape and I would never catch them as mine is so overgrown. Your buns are very lucky to have the space to run and binky and explore.

Does Alex have something white on one of his paws? Or is it a white paw? I can't quite see.

Thank you Rhianna - yes 'Alex' has one semi white sock. Quite a peculiar marking.
Craig x

Binkey alert - 1min 5 seconds in. Hopefully these are early positive signs although I appreciate that these are still very early days.
Looking at both their interactions and general body language, I would say that they have formed a bond. Not as strong as one built over time but after only 3 weeks this is still encouraging and as this is 'Alex's' first time in the out doors, this is quite encouraging.
Craig

Haha :lol: I had a lot of fun watching the videos, they are so cute, mashallah. They look so cute that I like them all the time. :D Really they look so cute together, I can't get enough of watching. :)

By the way I want to confess something , I've heard English in many different accents before, but I haven't heard it because I'm not friends with the British. Please your wife and you speak english together, I always want to listen to you. :lol: OMG how is the British accent so impressive :lol:

It is surprising how quickly Flo's beau Beau? adjusted to your garden. Flo is acting like she never left.

You, Jan, Flo, and her beau have been through a lot and it warms my heart to watch these videos.:love:

Binkey alert - 1min 5 seconds in. Hopefully these are early positive signs although I appreciate that these are still very early days.
Looking at both their interactions and general body language, I would say that they have formed a bond. Not as strong as one built over time but after only 3 weeks this is still encouraging and as this is 'Alex's' first time in the out doors, this is quite encouraging.
Craig

Haha I kiss him binky butt :lol:

It is surprising how quickly Flo's beau Beau? adjusted to your garden. Flo is acting like she never left.

You, Jan, Flo, and her beau have been through a lot and it warms my heart to watch these videos.:love:

Thank you BM. Yes I too was quite fascinated and intrigued as to just how instant Flo seemed to remember the garden. In fact we discussed this very thing tonight and we concluded that there is certainly evidence here to suggest rabbits have a strong capacity for recollective memory and also emotional memory. Flo was totally different at the rescue - almost accepting that she was staying there knowing she was safe and had a new companion but not knowing where she was going - which I was very aware of and how much this would effect Flo. But tonight you could clearly see a changed bunny in Flo - and I can only conclude that Flo has realised today that this IS her home and we are now her family along with the new bunny. It’s a way forward for Flo given what she has gone through but as much as I am happy Flo has a new companion and we are happy our house feels full of life, I still very much struggle from the loss of Leo.
But this is about Flo - her well-being and the additional rescue and second chance for new bun and we’ll decide on his name over the weekend.
Craig x

Back