Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I suspect a urinary tract infection

Default I suspect a urinary tract infection

Hello to everyone,
    I took Cookie to the vet on thursday because of the eye but it turned out to be healthy. But I saw Cookie hurt sometimes during the day, but the vet couldn't find any reason. He sometimes stands in a hunched position for a few minutes during the day. I've seen him pee 2 times in 2 days, not in the trash tray, but around it, normally he never does. Cookie toilet training is very good, that's why his behavior made me suspicious. Also he was sitting on my lap now and he peed 1 drop on me. And for 2 days it feels like he's peed more than usual, his dog pad is heavier than usual (I use dog pad in his litter tray).

Do you think Cookie can be a urinary tract infection?
    Last edited by KCG; 03-10-2021 at 04:28 PM.
    Loneliness is a deaf friend,
    In time you forget your own voice..

Now Cookie has peed on the couch, he's never done anything like this before. Do you think cookie may have had a urinary tract infection?

Without testing a urine sample and palpating his bladder it is impossible to say. He could have a UTI, or bladder sludge .Peeing outside of his litter box could be a behavioural issue.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Tribute to Arthur Labinjo-Hughes 2014-2020

https://arthurlabinjo-hughes.muchlov...iTCE8BEc-0w2xg

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Without testing a urine sample and palpating his bladder it is impossible to say. He could have a UTI, or bladder sludge .Peeing outside of his litter box could be a behavioural issue.
    Jane, Is there an easy way to collect a urine sample? Cookie is currently using a dog pad, how can I collect urine?

Also, when I said UTI, I suspected bladder sludge. Bladder sludge disease can infect, so I thought of the infection caused by it. What do you mean by behavioral problem, can you explain a little more?
    Last edited by KCG; 04-10-2021 at 06:20 AM.

Warren Veteran

You could use a puppy pad upside down to collect a urine sample. It would collect on the plastic surface and you could eg syringe it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    You could use a puppy pad upside down to collect a urine sample. It would collect on the plastic surface and you could eg syringe it up.
    Thank you so much, that's very smart

We're going to the vet tomorrow at noon.

There's usually a sort of uncomfortable shuffle with bladder sludge and a squint while going.

Cookies had a lot of stress with your parents and traveling lately. Plus if you've just got home he's possibly reclaiming his territory?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarelessSquid07 View Post
    There's usually a sort of uncomfortable shuffle with bladder sludge and a squint while going.

Cookies had a lot of stress with your parents and traveling lately. Plus if you've just got home he's possibly reclaiming his territory?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    I dont know, frankly, cookie was never a very territorial bunny. He didn't even spray pee when he was a teenager and his toilet training was very good even then. We've traveled many times with Cookie, and even then his toilet habits weren't affected at all and he didn't in other homes. Frankly that's why this makes me think so much. Also, Cookie seems to be used to traveling, even very strangely, he likes to explore new homes. The only thing Cookie can't tolerate is noise. And I think he's so right. Frankly, I doubted it because of the symptoms I wrote above. Sometimes hunched position, peeing outside of the litter tray, peeing 1 drop on my lap and I noticed that he peed more than usual for 2 days. I wonder if I'm worrying too much, am I exaggerating the symptoms?

cookie looks so good since yesterday. I spoke with the vet on the phone and we decided we didn't need to come today. I will continue to watch him for a few more days, according to him we will go to the vet.