• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus very ill :(

Thanks everyone for thinking of him, you're all so lovely [emoji7] he's doing okay, it's up and down still but then he passes stuff and seems lots better then it goes a bit backwards again. It's kinda to be expected and his normal behaviour tbh. I'm not so worried as I was because this normally means we're on the upswing again :) I have been giving him a handful of ss grain free daily, I just want him to eat tbh.

That's so kind of you to say. Tbh we've nearly lost him too many times, I do not **** about anymore, aggressive and fast treatment seems to be the most successful strategy I've found, it really seems to make a difference. I'm honestly glad I'm around more, I used to worry so much after a long day that he'd have gotten unwell etc. I know one day it'll just not work out anymore and that kills me tbh or we won't be able to get him to gain and it's not sustainable anymore. Gunna try my absolute best though to give him his best shot, he really deserves it, he's such a clever rabbit and he's been through so much. He's definitely a fighter [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

With all the distractions/Evelyn/home improvements it is impressive you notice his illness so quickly. He is a fighter and I am sure Clem encourages him too. I understand not stressing him with vets atm. Sending vibes.

I’m glad he’s doing better overall, topping up the vibes and hugs. You are doing the very best you can for him and he’s lucky to have you fighting for him :love:

I'm glad Atticus is doing okay at the moment, even though he's still up and down. Sending him lots and lots of vibes. I hope his tummy will feel better soon.

Back