Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atticus very ill :(

Really sorry to hear this, sending loads and loads vibes for your boy. Really hope he can pull through this episode xxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Warren Veteran

Poor boy. I am sending lots of vibes for him. My vet had recommended pure pumpkin for Julie to help her gain weight. She never really recommended much oats because of the carbs but said the pumpkin had lots of nutrients in it that was good for bunnies. My vet said mixing a small amount of oats into the pumpkin would be okay but mostly we gave her pure pumpkin and she loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnytoes View Post
    Poor boy. I am sending lots of vibes for him. My vet had recommended pure pumpkin for Julie to help her gain weight. She never really recommended much oats because of the carbs but said the pumpkin had lots of nutrients in it that was good for bunnies. My vet said mixing a small amount of oats into the pumpkin would be okay but mostly we gave her pure pumpkin and she loved it.
    This is interesting! I'll definitely mention this to my vet and see what he thinks, thank you for the suggestion

Other than for Halloween carving I've never bought pumpkin tho.. Is it tinned or something?

Sending loads of vibes for him x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    This is interesting! I'll definitely mention this to my vet and see what he thinks, thank you for the suggestion

Other than for Halloween carving I've never bought pumpkin tho.. Is it tinned or something?
    You can get tinned pumpkin, I bought it off amazon last time, to make pumpkin spiced lattes!

Wise Old Thumper

The tinned Pumpkin will I think be cooked and so will be softened. You could get the same effect by cooking your own. Squash is a very close relative of Pumpkin and so would work just as well and it would have the benefit that you could get smaller fruit.

I would be wary about whether the sugars in either would upset Atticus. I'm thinking they would be similar, although not such high quantity, to those in a root vegetable such as carrot, but I might be wrong. I still think I would give it a try though.

lots of vibes for your poorly boy

Warren Veteran

Yes you buy the pumpkin in a tin but make sure it says pure and has no other added stuff. It is sold here to make pumpkin pie.

Big hugs. Xxx

You can get proper pumpkin this time of year, ocado sells the best one, if you ever use them. I microwave it then mash it, the chinchillas love pumpkin.

I am sending vibes for your lovely Atticus. It makes sense he is not absorbing enough from his food. His digestive issues make it so difficult to add more calories to his diet.
    I have heard of using pumpkin, yet have not used it myself. Keeping him warmer with snugglesafe could keep him from burning as many calories to stay warm.
    Maybe you can make him a bunny sweater to match yours!