Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atticus very ill :(

Default Atticus very ill :(

He's not eating, hunched over, squinting etc he's had all his meds, I'm hoping they'll start to help but he's in a bad way. When I was giving him meds he's a bag of bones if he makes it through this episode, I think ima have to talk to William again. I know this isn't recommended exactly, but I know some breeders give their buns oats etc are these fattening? I'm just thinking at this point it might be worth a go. Also he eats so much hay normally (has the same diet as Clementine, who's not underweight) but he's so underweight, there's gotta be something else going on here :/ could ask for more bloods etc, nothing showed last time though :/ if anyone has any ideas or suggestions that'd be great. Obviously gotta try and get him through this current situation, but if he makes it, I think something needs to happen :/

Sending millions of vibes for Atticus. I hope that he feels more comfortable and i hope you can get some help from your vet.
    Xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Poor boy

He is probably not absorbing dietary nutrients making it very hard for him to maintain his weight. I hope that William can offer some suggestions.

Please get better Atticus x

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Tribute to Arthur Labinjo-Hughes 2014-2020

https://arthurlabinjo-hughes.muchlov...iTCE8BEc-0w2xg

Sending so many vibes and hugs. I really hope he can pull through xx

I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope he gets better fast, I'm sending out a lot of vibrations. Xxxx
    Loneliness is a deaf friend,
    In time you forget your own voice..

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Sending millions of vibes for Atticus. I hope that he feels more comfortable and i hope you can get some help from your vet.
    Xx
    Thanks Craig, really appreciate it xx

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Poor boy

He is probably not absorbing dietary nutrients making it very hard for him to maintain his weight. I hope that William can offer some suggestions.

Please get better Atticus x
    Yea that's probably it is there anything I can do? I'm so torn because I see him like this and I'm just like yeaa this isn't good. But the rest of the time he's loving life, its not at all like he's barely living, quite the opposite! I feel cruel though like I'm letting him starve to death slowly :/ wondering if the kindest thing is to say goodbye if I'm honest :/

Thank you, I really hope he pulls through this one x

Wise Old Thumper

Sending loads of vibes for the wonderful Atticus. I hope he starts to improve soon.

I would tend to agree with you in thinking there's something else going on. It's certainly what you'd think if it was a human. However, it doesn't mean that it's something nasty or serious. It might just be that because of his digestive issues, he can't benefit fully from the food that he eats. I certainly think it would be worth having a discussion with William. Oats could be a possibility and I think I've read that people also feed Sunflower or Pumpkin seeds.

Oh, no, poor Atticus... I'm so sorry he's so ill again. I hope his meds will start working soon and he'll feel more comfortable. Sending him so, so many vibes.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it, you're all so supportive x

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Sending loads of vibes for the wonderful Atticus. I hope he starts to improve soon.

I would tend to agree with you in thinking there's something else going on. It's certainly what you'd think if it was a human. However, it doesn't mean that it's something nasty or serious. It might just be that because of his digestive issues, he can't benefit fully from the food that he eats. I certainly think it would be worth having a discussion with William. Oats could be a possibility and I think I've read that people also feed Sunflower or Pumpkin seeds.
    Yea, I know I just worry we won't find anything wrong again, or be able to feed him anything else but hay and a couple of treats a day. He's been on various special pellets before which seem to improve things for a little while then things get worse again and we have to stop feeding him them. But there's obviously something going on here. I'll have a Google about that thanks, and yea if we can get through this one, I'll be booking him in for tests again and to discuss diet. We've exhausted everything already previously, but we could start again and try everything again. If not if he can tolerate some kinda oat mix maybe just to keep weight on.. But again if it triggers his gut symptoms that's no good either :/ it's such a tricky situation he's in tbh, I'd do anything to fix this for him, it just seems like there isn't anything. Hopefully we'll get through this stasis episode for now at least, although even that's not looking great, gunna start fluids for him, his ears are ice cold tho he's next to the radiator currently which is on low

I am do sorry he is ill
    Sending lots of vibes!