• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help for new bun name

I saw a dog training video recently where a trainer taught his dog, named Ace, to respond to the name George. He responded to the name George after a few minutes of being fed on the response to that name. The dog couldn’t have cared less if he had called him Ace or George :lol:

At a puppy walk today, Yoshi decided his name was Bella. Because Bella’s owner was shouting Bella and had treats. He ran up to her and sat for her :lol: He was there a lot quicker than Bella :lol:

I haven’t ever changed the name of a pet when they respond to it before, but I’m fairly convinced that with some training you could change a name to a similar sounding one,

I changed the name of my last dog. He wasn't responding to his old name with me, and it was somewhat derogatory. Still doesn't really answer to his new one, either. He's had each one for a year. That's teenage Salukis.:lol: He's the only animal I've ever completely changed the name of, where the animal was old enough to know it's name. I'm usually grateful for them to already have a name so I don't have to find one. My first dog (puppy) had the same name as various people I knew (including my boss) so it was changed to a similar one, but enough to differentiate from the people ones.

I suspect a rabbit will respond to a new name quite readily if it's used right from the start in it's new home, and is reinforced with food.

I taught Flopsy with nuggets. I'd have nuggets in my pocket but give them to him and Primrose a nugget only when their name was called.

It only worked for 3 weeks by then Primrose had worked out how to pick my pockets [emoji1787] and she knew her name and Flopsy managed it most of the time.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Back