• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it too soon to bond?

Hi everyone.
I have very recently lost one of my beloved buns. I know he would have wanted me to look after his friend and I was always under the assumption that you shouldn’t leave it long at all to try and bond again. But now I am reading conflicting views. I feel I can’t grieve if I go ahead, but I want what’s best for my little girl. She was impossible to bond, according to the rescue centre before she met my gentle giant and I am wondering if she will find it terribly difficult again. She is very quiet. She is eating and drinking but seems lost and scared to go and explore. She also needs some tests done, but my very rabbit savvy vet would prefer her to be bonded and happy again before these are done. Any advice either way is greatly appreciated. My head tells me to go ahead, my heart is not so sure. Thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. From your grieving bunnies perspective I'd say its probably best to try sooner than later. If you're rescuing that process takes a while anyway. Good luck with finding a bun for your girl

Back