• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The much anticipated new batch of soft hay is in

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
@timothyhay.co.uk

Just ordered some for my bunnies & will of course report back. I hope it goes down as well as the 2018 batch

I've just had a look at their website and I'm confused. The hay is listed as 2021, but it says it was cut late 2018. Is this perhaps a mistake?

I would never be critical of this company, as in my view their hay is the best. Plus they clearly know what they're doing. I've been interested before in some of the ages of their hay though. If this is 2018, what are they doing with that from 2019, 2020?

This soft hay looks very similar to that which we've made from the hay patch in the garden. I presume it's soft, because it is a later second cut and therefore hasn't been able to grow the seedheads.

Is it coming today j&b?

I've just had a look at their website and I'm confused. The hay is listed as 2021, but it says it was cut late 2018. Is this perhaps a mistake?

I would never be critical of this company, as in my view their hay is the best. Plus they clearly know what they're doing. I've been interested before in some of the ages of their hay though. If this is 2018, what are they doing with that from 2019, 2020?

This soft hay looks very similar to that which we've made from the hay patch in the garden. I presume it's soft, because it is a later second cut and therefore hasn't been able to grow the seedheads.

Is it coming today j&b?

Gosh that is confusing - I didn't even click on the more info bit. Yes it woke me up not long ago but I've not looked at it yet

Ok it doesn't look like the 2018 my lot loved. Its lighter, less brown, finer but not as soft. Its snoozy time but they've all had some. Obviously we won't know how good it really is til poop assessment & hay rack monitoring tomorrow

Pk08SxDl.jpg

Is it coming today j&b?
Idk if they've edited it, but I can only see it was made 2021

https://www.timothyhay.co.uk/products/copy-of-2018-18kg-of-timothy-hay

Oh no! I’ve just ordered some! My fingers are crossed, and I’ll report back. I’m not having much luck with hay these days! X

Oh no! I’ve just ordered some! My fingers are crossed, and I’ll report back. I’m not having much luck with hay these days! X

I hope Zigzag & winnie like it. It certainly looks & smells nice enough. I'll prob order some haybox now & they'll decide they don't like that anymore. Bunnies - i have neither the pennies nor space for this kind of messing around

I've accidentally ordered both!

Buns are definitely not as happy with the Timothyhay.co.uk stuff this time so I'm going to mix it with the haybox I think.

Its not as soft but is good long strands.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

They approve! It’s going down so much better than the meadow hay from happy hay company- never again.

Back