• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is the naughtiest thing a bun has ever done to me

loobers25

Warren Veteran
And I can’t believe it’s come from our Maple. I was wrestling Ted to bed yesterday and when I finally got him in the Snoo I went to put the snoo on.
Nothing. I couldn’t figure out what an earth was going on so I called my husband up to investigate. He showed me the Snoo cable had been severed bellow the transformer. He said if it had been above maple could of been killed.

So atm Ted is Snoo-less in the mist of all this going on :cry:

The Snoo is a 1400 piece of equipment and it’s by far the naughtiest thing a bun has ever done. The parts are so expensive and ordered from California and I don’t even know if they will do a replacement lead. I flipping hope so !

Maple has never done anything like this in her life :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:shock:

i'm sure the lead can be repaired. maybe your husband can do it (not wanting to appear sexist - i know he is pretty 'handy') or someone else can.
if you'd like me todo it i could get it turned around in a day i expect, so with shipping each way may take 4 or 5 days .....
give me a shout.

:shock:

i'm sure the lead can be repaired. maybe your husband can do it (not wanting to appear sexist - i know he is pretty 'handy') or someone else can.
if you'd like me todo it i could get it turned around in a day i expect, so with shipping each way may take 4 or 5 days .....
give me a shout.

He said he would but as he’s not electrician I don’t want Ted getting electrocuted :lol: what would you need to do?

He said he would but as he’s not electrician I don’t want Ted getting electrocuted :lol: what would you need to do?

ideally i would solder the wires together and use some shrink sleeving to go over the soldered parts and another sleeve over the whole lot..... that is assuming i have sufficient sleeving left in the garage - it's expensive to buy & i'm getting low.
if i didn't have sufficient sleeving i would use a small plastic junction box.
- all free of charge to you :)

if the break is after the transformer bit (and i'm sure it will be as the transformers are nearly always plug-in (to the socket) so no 'mains' wires at all. it will all be very very low voltage.
there will be no risk of electric shock to Ted!

... oh, my brain hasn't woken up yet.....
there's a good chance of an even easier solution.
can you post a pic of it all??. isit just a power supply with a plug that plugs into the snoo? i have no idea of the set-up.

edit:
ah, i see what a snoo is now!
i suspect the cable has just 2 actual cores(wires)??
an easy repair if so.
o/h could do it i'm sure (or i can). i can lead him thru it, step by step.

Last edited:
... oh, my brain hasn't woken up yet.....
there's a good chance of an even easier solution.
can you post a pic of it all??. isit just a power supply with a plug that plugs into the snoo? i have no idea of the set-up.

edit:
ah, i see what a snoo is now!
i suspect the cable has just 2 actual cores(wires)??
an easy repair if so.
o/h could do it i'm sure (or i can). i can lead him thru it, step by step.
Yea it'll be just rewiring a new plug on it. Personally I'd get a replacement though if you can! Contact them I'm sure they'll be able to, they have lots of parts that aren't available on their website but you can buy with a special link (like a new mattress).

It's just such a thing, not exactly low power and it's running all night and for a baby.. I'd want a replacement probably [emoji51] I've done it before for lamps and stuff but Idk about for the snoo tbh!

If it's the mains plug side, you should be able to get a standard replacement from any of the usual sources. Power leads to adaptors come in clover leaf (3 'prongs' in a leaf shape), 3 pin or figure of 8. Just check that the shape of the snoo adaptor end matches yours.

If it's the mains plug side, you should be able to get a standard replacement from any of the usual sources. Power leads to adaptors come in clover leaf (3 'prongs' in a leaf shape), 3 pin or figure of 8. Just check that the shape of the snoo adaptor end matches yours.
Agree, I'd be looking for this, I got mine off eBay. I'd keep it in use by fixing the wires as mikek says and then replace with new when it's arrived.

Sorry you are snoo-less , especially when Ted is unwell. Glad Maple did not get mouth burns or worse,probably because she chewed past transformer.
Mikek-what a lovely offer.

Last edited:
Back