• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Concerns about Badoodle

loobers25

Warren Veteran
I have mentioned before that I have noticed Bodmin is drinking a lot of water. He is increasingly drinking more & more and now I am very concerned. I remember Jane giving me the ratio to what he should be drinking which was border line but is now over the limit. Going forward, I’m going to take him to John to check this out. What investigatons should I ask for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry you have worries :( I would think a blood sample to check kidneys, a urine sample would be good but harder to get with bunnies at home. Best of luck

I really hope Bodmin is ok. My concerns with Rudey when I got his bloods done were his excessive drinking but also incontinence - he knew he had to go but would set off to the litter tray so peed as he ran. Loads of vibes xx

I really hope Bodmin is ok. My concerns with Rudey when I got his bloods done were his excessive drinking but also incontinence - he knew he had to go but would set off to the litter tray so peed as he ran. Loads of vibes xx

Oh no :( I don’t have any incontinence but his wee is a huge amount and smells like something I am not familiar with. My suspicion is kidneys. He’s also not gained weight but lost weight if anything

Oh no :( I don’t have any incontinence but his wee is a huge amount and smells like something I am not familiar with. My suspicion is kidneys. He’s also not gained weight but lost weight if anything

if its any consolation Rude boys pee didn't smell at all - the only rabbit I ever knew whose pee didn't smell. It could be maybe urinary infection & he is drinking to self medicate?

if its any consolation Rude boys pee didn't smell at all - the only rabbit I ever knew whose pee didn't smell. It could be maybe urinary infection & he is drinking to self medicate?

I never considered that! He is also not fussy when it comes to food and output is still good considering. Hmmm

Our bridge bun Snowy used to get regular UTIs and often her only symptom was just drinking lots, hopefully it's something simple to treat like that.

IME they'll do urine test and bloods first then ultrasound if nothing shows up in the first round of testing.

Is he eating same amount of greens.
Kidney? diabetes? Heat? Sending vibes. Eating more pellets = more drinking too.

Is the smell of his urine like pear drops ?

I would ask for urinalysis and a full blood profile including a PCR test for EC.

Is he eating same amount of greens.
Kidney? diabetes? Heat? Sending vibes. Eating more pellets = more drinking too.

Heat definitely not, pellets he has about 10 pellets a day, potentially stress or an illness. I had to reign his pellets in because he was so obsessed he wouldn’t eat wet foods, he was always holding out but he’s a good eater now

I hope that you are able to get the necessary tests done for Bodmin and that there's nothing too serious going on.

I'm sending millions of vibes for Bodders. Sorry I've been away from the forum, but slowly catching up with the threads. I agree with previous posts that the vet should investigate via bloods and also urine samples where possible. They should be able to identify any issues from those.
Craig x

Back