• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

woo hoo - we're allowed back in

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
to our vets consulting rooms. Its been a long 18 months of car park consults so happy news.

Whats everyone elses vets doing atm?

Same as all the way through: wait in the waiting room, one person only per consult, space for two people waiting plus a collections space (medication etc.). There's no carpark so we can't wait there (it's on-street city centre parking) and lots of people go by bus. I really like it this way as it means I don't have to handle my bunnies :lol:

I love being able to handle my bunnies - part of me thinks I'm the only person capable of handling Mousey & I can't Boobly bare the idea of new paws on her. I really miss the little observations they report back as they are going through their checks - I get so much detail.

Ours are allowing us in the waiting room but not the exam. But to be honest I prefer the car park because the waiting room is small and has cats and I'm allergic [emoji1784] and don't like the noise for the rabbits. Although to be fair they don't allow dogs in that one at all so it's just yowling.

I've never actually been in our exam rooms as we switched vets last June but I am looking forward to being able to do that. Our old vets have put screens in that you pass the animals under so you can watch and talk but not touch which is good as well.

I've taken to writing questions on a bit of paper and sticking it to the carrier for the vet and then when she comes out neither of us forget anything while chatting.

I would feel bad about it but Rodney always behaves much better for nurses and vets than for me because he knows I'm the weak one and the mean one who put him in the car whereas they must seem like they're rescuing him from it.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

We drove past my vet's carpark yesterday and saw a handover in the car park taking place. I too miss the little observations voiced by my vet whilst they are examining the rabbit. I also think that for a 'nervous in the vets bunny' it provides a small reassurance for them if their owner is holding them.

Mine are due their vaccines this month so I'll find out soon!

Last year, at my regular practice I could go into the waiting room but not the consult room. I also had to phone when I was outside the practice to be let in. Snoopy decided to have a stasis episode that morning so only Fudgie was done.

When Snoopy had his two weeks later the practice was closed for renovations so we had to go to the animal hospital instead. I was allowed in the consult room but I had to stand in the corner. Gave me flashbacks to being at school!

Over here it is waiting outside in carpark and then when it is your turn they go out and get you. One person per consult allowed inside with the animal.

Last edited:
No change at my vet. One client only. Must stay in the waiting room, behind the line. Furries are taken into the consulting room by a nurse. Depends on the vet as to whether they talk to you in the waiting room, or you get messages back via the nurse. Can't pick up meds and pay if there's someone else in - you get seen at the door and pay by phone. Masks must be worn.

It's OK (I suppose - I miss the conversation) for routine vaccinations, but doesn't really work that well if there's something wrong and you need a two way conversation / consent to treatment. It didn't help that it was a new (to me) vet last week and I forgot a couple of details.

Ours are allowing us in the waiting room but not the exam. But to be honest I prefer the car park because the waiting room is small and has cats and I'm allergic [emoji1784] and don't like the noise for the rabbits. Although to be fair they don't allow dogs in that one at all so it's just yowling.

I've never actually been in our exam rooms as we switched vets last June but I am looking forward to being able to do that. Our old vets have put screens in that you pass the animals under so you can watch and talk but not touch which is good as well.

I've taken to writing questions on a bit of paper and sticking it to the carrier for the vet and then when she comes out neither of us forget anything while chatting.

I would feel bad about it but Rodney always behaves much better for nurses and vets than for me because he knows I'm the weak one and the mean one who put him in the car whereas they must seem like they're rescuing him from it.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Alternative theory - Rodney likes all kinds of uniforms :lol: I'd like to stay in the car (Bob paces in reception which I find unsettling & maybe others might?) but defo like to join the consult.

Sounds like a fair bit of variation going on still. Thanks for all your replies everybun, its interesting to hear about

Alternative theory - Rodney likes all kinds of uniforms :lol: I'd like to stay in the car (Bob paces in reception which I find unsettling & maybe others might?) but defo like to join the consult.
OMG NOOOOO me toooo! I'm super calm XD Matt paces when he's thinkning and it weirds me out a bit but at least I know why :)

Back