• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 very moulty bunnies!

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Jake and Fern are hopefully coming towards the end of their moult now, it's been very heavy this summer!

Fern can't believe all this fur came from her groom this morning [emoji38]

They love the wooden box and Fern always sticks her nose out the window before coming out to see if it's worth it (basically if I'm bringing food or not!) Jake is harder to take photos of cos he's always too interested in the camera so is right up against it unless he's eating [emoji38]
4cb7a83bb7d22655084d1995f46b038f.jpg
9fac8107439dcf8ca0005c99c0ffcee4.jpg
7c9c008ad2f32a4fe676efeba82c1424.jpg
12cd19ea727e736dc334ce89f280fb00.jpg
ce23c4c3f784caf732e6ad5fa6027338.jpg

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

:lol: thats Joeys approach, why bother running out to greet the caretaker if she only has food half the time - far better to assess aloofly from a distance. My 3 are crazy moulting at the mo too

Lovely photos

They are so cute :love:
I love Ferns face through the heartshaped window:love:
That is a lot of fur! Walli has never moulted, maybe beacause he is part Angora.

Lopsy's just started again XD Chibbs never stops, she's moult-line-y all year :roll: That's a lot of Fern fluff! And I agree, no point in moving if you don't need to :D

Thank you :love: Yeah I think it's pretty smart to stay put :lol: Jake rushes out each time but is then disappointed as the first time I go in is to open their window wider first thing after it's been locked open overnight so they always get fresh air, then again I close it if it's going to get chilly before their tea and Fern knows I don't bring food whereas Jake rushes at me each time :lol: there's never been this much fluff, but I don't think it's fern as a lot of it is grey Jake fur must be something about his summer! Bigwig used to moult all year, but without moult lines/a skirt, more like a cat/dog if that makes sense?? I used to think it was because she'd never been outside whereas all my other buns started off outdoors at some point in their lives.

My two are moulting as well. It seems like one finishes and then the other begins!

Rodney has a tufty skirt at the moment and Blossom has got the start of lines on her face.

Its amazing how much seems to come off them!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I used to collect all the bun fluff and save it in a tin till Spring, then I put it out on the lawn for the birds to take. Must have had some of the cosiest nests around here :lol:

Back