• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roughlee Lancashire - rabbit wandering

Currently on hold to the RSPCA,

Seen in Roughlee car park a very large white and coloured bunny, wandering on the verge. Helicopter ears, harlequin trousers and white torso.

I couldnt get it as everytime it went in the bushes and I let go of mum, mum then wandered off - is anyone on a lancashire bunny lost site that could post this?
Thank you

What a fine description! i hope bunny is reunited with their owner or finds a new home (if s/he has sadly been dumped0

It’s a shame the rspca don’t want to deal with it. I’d be worried about foxes or dogs getting bunny :cry: idk if you could tempt it with food into a carrier or puppy pen if you have one, if it’s not wanting to be picked up. Sometimes charities have traps to catch cats etc, idk if there’s any near you who might lend you one.

Would Rabbit Rescue North West know anyone that might be able to help?

They can be hard to catch single handed if spooked.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I love the description of bunny, and hope he is rescued quickly. Rabbits can be very difficult to catch in your own garden, never mind doing it on your own in the bigger outside. Some other charities may also be able to help - eg cat & dog rescues may have local people and appropriate cages / traps. Even something like DogLost may be able to put out a message for help to anyone local who is registered with them. I've randomly helped to look for dogs from both of these, and would help with a rabbit-catching team if it was close enough.

There are a few Facebook groups that help strays. There's a pretty dynamic team in the group "Bunny Angels" who have experience at rounding up strays, the members of that team are based around Leeds/Halifax area but will have advice/contacts if this bunny is too far away. There's also "Bunnies in Need" and (I think) "One Bun at a Time."

I am really sorry I have not been back to see if s/he is still there. I have rung my vets who will see if anyone reports it lost, spoke the RSPCA and put it on facebook RRNW. I am going to go back this evening with OH. What a mess.

Back