• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rodney Dental

He's doing well thanks there was a bit of a mix up as he was supposed to come home with his metacam but it got pscribed to another Rodney rabbit with our surname. What a coincidence!!

I picked it up this morning so we're starting later today. He has had some sneezing/coughing with his water today so hopefully it'll ease with the meds.

He is of course our usual cheeky chappy! He's been interrogating hubby for treats while I was at the pool last night [emoji1787]
4eb3c8aff31bae50af0a85f6a5ee137e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

He's doing well thanks there was a bit of a mix up as he was supposed to come home with his metacam but it got pscribed to another Rodney rabbit with our surname. What a coincidence!!

I picked it up this morning so we're starting later today. He has had some sneezing/coughing with his water today so hopefully it'll ease with the meds.

He is of course our usual cheeky chappy! He's been interrogating hubby for treats while I was at the pool last night [emoji1787]
4eb3c8aff31bae50af0a85f6a5ee137e.jpg
Aww Rodney, are you pretending to be CarelessSquid as you think she gets more attention than you? XD

awww, that's a good update. fancy another bunny impostor stealing his honey drugs ! I hope they help

Aww thank you well so far no cough/sneezes since starting his metacam.

It does make me worry that means it's something nasty, but we've also dustbusted in the last few days so it could also be that.

I've also noticed that Blossom washes her toes in the water bowl [emoji1787] so it's possible he's drinking her fur after she's done that even though I do change it everyday.

Here he is giving me the I don't want any more honey meds look while hiding with hubby.

ade434b7073500f5771afcf0d568c171.jpg

Last edited:
Aww thank you well so far no cough/sneezes since starting his metacam.

It does make me worry that means it's something nasty, but we've also dustbusted in the last few days so it could also be that.

I've also noticed that Blossom washes her toes in the water bowl [emoji1787] so it's possible he's drinking her fur after she's done that even though I do change it everyday.

Here he is giving me the I don't want any more honey meds look while hiding with hubby.
We get birds washing in ours, could be worse :lol: We put the metacam on pellets (I'm going to have to post my instructional videos, my mate really enjoyed them for entertainment value! Also J&B was like 'on pellets?! How?!') in a tiny jar lid and distract Chibbs with a longlasting treat while Lopsy wolfs his down (literally 1min of joy). Being a suspension it's not harming metacam in any way to dispense on to something else :thumb: Fenugreek crunchies are best because they're that lovely dish shape!

We get birds washing in ours, could be worse [emoji38] We put the metacam on pellets (I'm going to have to post my instructional videos, my mate really enjoyed them for entertainment value! Also J&B was like 'on pellets?! How?!') in a tiny jar lid and distract Chibbs with a longlasting treat while Lopsy wolfs his down (literally 1min of joy). Being a suspension it's not harming metacam in any way to dispense on to something else :thumb: Fenugreek crunchies are best because they're that lovely dish shape!
I spent some time dropping it on his nuggets and handing it to him while he cowered in his hide thinking he was getting picked up and it worked really well!

Apart from the fact Blossom appears to have some sort of metacam craving and was desperately trying to get to the honey nuggets even though I'd given her some normal ones [emoji1787] ill have to find a distraction for her.

I spent some time dropping it on his nuggets and handing it to him while he cowered in his hide thinking he was getting picked up and it worked really well!

Apart from the fact Blossom appears to have some sort of metacam craving and was desperately trying to get to the honey nuggets even though I'd given her some normal ones [emoji1787] ill have to find a distraction for her.
Yeaaaah, after all that saying Chibbs wasn't interested in pellets? She's had about an extra 3 day's worth this week XD She's not mugged Lopsy for his thanks to treats though, which she runs off with if I give them her first. And he wolfs pellets down so quick! Glad Rodney likes his new format :)

Back