Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodney Dental

Hybrid View

Default Rodney Dental

It's dental day!

Started out by dropping and breaking my phone so a late post.

He's been in and recovering well already however we asked the vet to look at his soft pallet due to him coughing occasionally when drinking.

He has a small amount of inflammation under his soft pallet that seems to have no cause.

Vet has suggested maybe an allergy and we could try antihistamines or a medium term metacam dose to see if it reduces. Although it is very occasional.

Does anyone have experience of this?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

Poor Rodney I hope he recovers fast and well. No experience with the inflammation I'm afraid. Hopefully Metacam would help.

Good to hear that Rodney came through his Dental OK. Re the inflammation, did the Vet take a small biopsy. ?

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Good to hear that Rodney came through his Dental OK. Re the inflammation, did the Vet take a small biopsy. ?
    Oh no she didn't I didn't even think to ask her to do that!

She was more concerned about a potential abcess I think rather than anything more sinister. I'll ask about it when he's discharged.

Quote Originally Posted by CarelessSquid07 View Post
    Oh no she didn't I didn't even think to ask her to do that!

She was more concerned about a potential abcess I think rather than anything more sinister. I'll ask about it when he's discharged.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

I'm glad Rodney's already recovering. I hope he'll be home and eating everything soon. I'm sorry about the inflammation, though. I hope whatever you and the vet decide to try will help him. Sending lots of vibes for cute Rodney.

And I'm sorry about your poor phone!
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Wise Old Thumper

Hoping Rodney recovers quickly x

Thank you all. He's home and very bright and happy.

Already demanding to be let out for binkies!

The vet wasn't available but they've left a note for her to call me about a biopsy. The notes state that the inflammation was very small and also a little in the nose and states consistent with allergic rhinititis.

The coughing started after we lost Primrose last Summer and I'm trying to work out what we've changed since then. Unless it's Blossom's fur although you'd have thought that wouldn't be mild.

We had a batch of hay that triggered my allergies very badly and I wonder if it was started off by that.

Or more likely it could be our struggle with the housework and our depression. I always clean the bunnies but maybe the general dust build up in the house? I know it's affected our asthma.

We've got a week off next week and I think we're going to have to blitz the house and see if it helps.

Sending lots of vibes, hope it heals up quickly. I hope things improve for you, too xx

My patient

He's not eaten loads but he is munching every so often and has some decent output.

He looks like he's destressing from his day.