• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buddy

maxi

Young Bun
:wave:Hello its me again I told you all last week that i lost my Beautiful boy Teddy last friday well his Brother Buddy is broken hearted and has not been eating much and drinking out of his water bottle but i held his water dish to him and he drinks not weeing and pooing so i took him to my vets this morning he had 3 Injections Meloxaid and vomend and Ranitidine she also give my a box of Supreme Recovery and a syrine which she charged me for ! i have tried to give it to him also put it in a dish and he wont take it i dont know what to do :cry: I have to phone the vets in the morning since i came back from the vets he is eating and drinking a little bit and weeing and poo so thats made me happy she give him a good health check and said he was fine Buddy is blind which makes me sad can anyone help Max and Buddy xx

Is he eating hay or grass at all? You might be able to coax him to eat by putting a little apple juice on the hay, or mixing a bit of grated carrot with the hay. Some bunnies will eat recovery food mixed with mashed banana or a little rabbit safe vegetable or fruit baby food. Some of the Ella’s kitchen or Aldi pouch baby food is popular. Is your vet rabbit savvy?

Sending lots of vibes to your bunny xx

Is he eating hay or grass at all? You might be able to coax him to eat by putting a little apple juice on the hay, or mixing a bit of grated carrot with the hay. Some bunnies will eat recovery food mixed with mashed banana or a little rabbit safe vegetable or fruit baby food. Some of the Ella’s kitchen or Aldi pouch baby food is popular. Is your vet rabbit savvy?

Sending lots of vibes to your bunny xx

Thank you for getting back to us he is eating hay with dried Dandelion on it he is a very fussy eaten wont have banana or carrots what kind of the above food do you think is best for Buddy? It was not my normal vet it was just one helping out i dont think she is a Rabbit Savvy Buddy has never been a one for running about i think thats because he is blind :cry: he looks happy enought but i still worry i got some special treats from The Hay Experts coming today so i am hoping that will cheer him up i am going to pets at home to buy a heavy cermin bowl for his water its very stressful when you got pets

Thank you for getting back to us he is eating hay with dried Dandelion on it he is a very fussy eaten wont have banana or carrots what kind of the above food do you think is best for Buddy? It was not my normal vet it was just one helping out i dont think she is a Rabbit Savvy Buddy has never been a one for running about i think thats because he is blind :cry: he looks happy enought but i still worry i got some special treats from The Hay Experts coming today so i am hoping that will cheer him up i am going to pets at home to buy a heavy cermin bowl for his water its very stressful when you got pets

Did the vet check his teeth are ok? Does he normally eat much hay? He might be tempted by chopped grass or Readigrass. Some bunnies are very fussy about the hay they will eat. Some places will send samples of different hays which might be worth a try. Some bunnies like fibafirst sticks but some don’t so it might be worth asking for a sample. Does he eat pellets normally?

Sometimes bunny owning can be very stressful :cry:

Also try him with some fresh herbs or dandelion leaves. The smell of them may tempt him to eat more, especially if he can't see them.

Back