Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Tilting head when eating 2-10: feeling better =)

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Hmm they're odd! Sorry to be gross by are they dry and crumbly inside? Or squishy and wet? Atticus sometimes produces something like that and they're squishy, like you could flatten it and mould it into something (sorry )
    I'm not sure how we can talk about bunny poop without being gross, so it's fine. I admit I haven't looked what's inside them, but they're dry and hard, not squishy and wet.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Quote Originally Posted by a reader of books View Post
    I'm not sure how we can talk about bunny poop without being gross, so it's fine. I admit I haven't looked what's inside them, but they're dry and hard, not squishy and wet.
    Interesting! Yea so Atticus passes stuff at first which is dry like that, then the splats hit when he's clearing out I'm not saying it's the same ofc! Hopefully a bunny poop expert will have an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Interesting! Yea so Atticus passes stuff at first which is dry like that, then the splats hit when he's clearing out I'm not saying it's the same ofc! Hopefully a bunny poop expert will have an idea
    Ooh, you know, I just remembered that he had some wet poop stuck to his paw yesterday, but I assumed he'd stepped in a caecotroph. He's been having some (like, one a day at most) weird half-caecotroph/half-regular poops lately that he doesn't eat. I'm sure they're part caecotroph, because they smell like it.

The important thing is Casper is passing poo. They look pretty good in size and fiber except for their being oblong. He may still need more time to fully recover from his stasis, plus more may contain fur .

Is he still on motility meds?

It warmed my heart when I read he improved after giving you an awful scare. This is not unusual for my bunnies, and often I do not know what led to the improvement. I now keep notes on meds, feedings,supportive care, what eating,pee/poo to remind myself in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    The important thing is Casper is passing poo. They look pretty good in size and fiber except for their being oblong. He may still need more time to fully recover from his stasis, plus more may contain fur .

Is he still on motility meds?

It warmed my heart when I read he improved after giving you an awful scare. This is not unusual for my bunnies, and often I do not know what led to the improvement. I now keep notes on meds, feedings,supportive care, what eating,pee/poo to remind myself in the future.
    Ooh, I'm glad you think they look pretty good in size and fibre. They are his usual size, so that's good, at least. The thing is, though, he never went into stasis? He's been pooping just fine all this time, though a week ago his poops were smaller than this. But he never stopped pooping.

He is still on motility meds, yes.

Aw, they're fun little creatures, aren't they? Scaring us like this? I keep notes on everything, too. It's helpful to read them back, because I can never remember stuff.

Veterinarians and experienced people in the forum know best. But my personal opinion is Casper is having a really tough time. The important thing is that he is still pooping, which shows that his bowels are still working. Continue sending lots of vibrations for him xxxxxx
    Loneliness is a deaf friend,
    In time you forget your own voice..

Quote Originally Posted by KCG View Post
    Veterinarians and experienced people in the forum know best. But my personal opinion is Casper is having a really tough time. The important thing is that he is still pooping, which shows that his bowels are still working. Continue sending lots of vibrations for him xxxxxx
    Yeah, he's not having an easy time, poor little guy. Thank you for the vibes, KCG.

Here's today's confusing update: He had one injection yesterday, which, according to what I've read, works for about 6-8 hours, but instead of getting worse, he's getting better? He is continuing to eat more himself each day and started eating pellets again last night, which he's still doing this morning, though not as many as usual. His activity level is still closer to normal than it has been this past week, and he's still spending time with Sophie and enjoying time on the balcony. He's using the litter tray like normal. I still haven't seen him drink, though, but he's still getting syringe-fed a few times a day, so maybe he doesn't feel the need to drink, and like I said before, he doesn't normally drink when he's not feeling well. So, does this mean he doesn't need the stronger painkiller? I'm not really sure what's going on anymore!

I sent a photo of his poops to the vets, so hopefully they'll know if they're something to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by a reader of books View Post
    Here's today's confusing update: He had one injection yesterday, which, according to what I've read, works for about 6-8 hours, but instead of getting worse, he's getting better? He is continuing to eat more himself each day and started eating pellets again last night, which he's still doing this morning, though not as many as usual. His activity level is still closer to normal than it has been this past week, and he's still spending time with Sophie and enjoying time on the balcony. He's using the litter tray like normal. I still haven't seen him drink, though, but he's still getting syringe-fed a few times a day, so maybe he doesn't feel the need to drink, and like I said before, he doesn't normally drink when he's not feeling well. So, does this mean he doesn't need the stronger painkiller? I'm not really sure what's going on anymore!

I sent a photo of his poops to the vets, so hopefully they'll know if they're something to worry about.
    I am so so glad he is getting better and better, I was worried for him!
    I agree, that is really strange (but very good of course)Maybe he first had dental pain because of the spur and then a bit of "light" stasis or other instestinal upset so he didnīt want to eat because of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Walli View Post
    I am so so glad he is getting better and better, I was worried for him!
    I agree, that is really strange (but very good of course)Maybe he first had dental pain because of the spur and then a bit of "light" stasis or other instestinal upset so he didnīt want to eat because of that?
    Aw, thank you for caring about little Casper. I agree that it's really strange but very good! I wonder if that's what's going on, yeah? Dental pain because of the spur and then some upset guts making him not want to eat? Hmm...