Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tilting head when eating 2-10: feeling better =)

Glad to hear Casper has improved, he's really cute.🥰

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Hopefully he can as it seems to be really working for him I'm so pleased for you all that he's more himself
    Yeah, I hope so! And thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kattymieoww View Post
    Glad to hear Casper has improved, he's really cute.🥰
    Aw, thank you. He is!

He's eating hay again right now and it's just the best thing to see. He's been sitting in the corner by the window again all morning (not behind the curtain, though, as he peed on it yesterday and it needs to be washed), but he's looking very relaxed. I put a pile of various foods next to him and he's been enjoying that.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Quote Originally Posted by a reader of books View Post

Mashallah, bless him. I kiss him olive eyes from afar, my darling. I hope he gets better faster. Xxxxx
    Loneliness is a deaf friend,
    In time you forget your own voice..

Quote Originally Posted by KCG View Post
    Mashallah, bless him. I kiss him olive eyes from afar, my darling. I hope he gets better faster. Xxxxx
    Thank you, KCG. Sorry, I missed your reply yesterday!

He's been eating more hay this morning. He doesn't want any pellets, though, which he normally loves very much, and he's not eating enough on his own to keep him going, so I'm still syringe-feeding him, but I think it's still looking pretty positive.

Glad he's eating hay if not nuggets. He looks nice and bright in that last photo
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I’m glad he is still doing well

Thank you both.

I just called the vets, and I can have two more injections of the extra painkiller, one for today and one for tomorrow, and then they would prefer Casper not to have them anymore, because they're not really supposed to give them (I'm not sure if it's about my having the injections at home and doing them myself or for some other reason), so I understand that, but it does make me nervous, if they're the reason he's doing better now. So, we'll just see how it goes.

Also, he has just asked to go outside on the balcony, and he's enjoying some fresh air now. He hasn't wanted to go outside these past few days, so I'm seeing it as a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by a reader of books View Post
    Thank you both.

I just called the vets, and I can have two more injections of the extra painkiller, one for today and one for tomorrow, and then they would prefer Casper not to have them anymore, because they're not really supposed to give them (I'm not sure if it's about my having the injections at home and doing them myself or for some other reason), so I understand that, but it does make me nervous, if they're the reason he's doing better now. So, we'll just see how it goes.

Also, he has just asked to go outside on the balcony, and he's enjoying some fresh air now. He hasn't wanted to go outside these past few days, so I'm seeing it as a good sign.
    Bless him!

I think I'd want more clarification on the pain meds, why he can't continue etc if there's alternatives maybe? Because if nothings changed, surely without the pain relief he will be in discomfort again? It's a tough one, but it'll probably be a case of weighing up the pros and cons. Like some meds cause issues if used longterm, but if there's no quality of life without those meds, what's the point. Just my thoughts, Clementine has been on some stuff on and off which could cause her problems, but it was all that was keeping her here, so I figured it was worth a shot if it gave her quality of life. Just thought I'd throw that out there, it's a tough situation to be in

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Bless him!

I think I'd want more clarification on the pain meds, why he can't continue etc if there's alternatives maybe? Because if nothings changed, surely without the pain relief he will be in discomfort again? It's a tough one, but it'll probably be a case of weighing up the pros and cons. Like some meds cause issues if used longterm, but if there's no quality of life without those meds, what's the point. Just my thoughts, Clementine has been on some stuff on and off which could cause her problems, but it was all that was keeping her here, so I figured it was worth a shot if it gave her quality of life. Just thought I'd throw that out there, it's a tough situation to be in
    I agree with Graciee. It is certainly a tough situation to be in, but if he stops the additional pain relief then I would also fear he would go back to how he was. I also understand that it's difficult to challenge your vets, but I think you should ask for a Plan B type of additional pain relief.