• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Tilting head when eating 2-10: feeling better =)

:love: He's eating some more hay! :love:

oh what a clever boy :love: whatever it is thats worked I'm very happy it has
Thank you, j&b. I'm very happy, too, whatever it is. :love: Things are looking more positive now. :love: He also got another 30ml of syringe feed mixed with a bit of baby food and that went quite well, and he got all his meds, so he should be okay for a little while while I try to get some sleep. :)

I'm so glad to hear that Casper ate some hay. I hope he continues to eat more hay :) I keep sending lots of vibrations for him xxxxx :)

Thank you, KCG, Walli, and IM. :love:

Well done Casper. Perhaps he now realises that with the additional analgesia it is not painful to eat :)
Yes, I think it maybe took him some time to realise he could eat without pain now?

I can't believe I'm saying this considering just yesterday I was 95% sure it was time to say goodbye to him, but he's doing really well right now. :love: When I woke up during the night he was eating hay, so I didn't even syringe-feed him as he was eating well on his own. :love: I just got up and he has already had some grass and he's eating some dried forage now. :love:

Edit: This is him last night. :love:

m9MoloQh.jpg

Last edited:
Well done Casper :love: I'm really glad to hear that, I had tears in my eyes when I saw Casper's picture. Well done little boy, bless Casper. :)

I always think evidence of self grooming is a good indicator of how a Bunny is feeling :D
Yes I agree! When Atticus starts to groom after an episode I know things are looking much better!

I'm so glad he's eating hay! Seems like the painkillers have really helped, can he stay on this new painkiller as well as having the metacam, longterm?

Thank you, Zoobec, KCG, and Graciee. :love:

Graciee, I don't know if he can stay on this new painkiller plus the Metacam longterm. I didn't discuss that with the vet on Friday... I'l call them tomorrow, though, and give them an update and ask.

Thank you, Zoobec, KCG, and Graciee. :love:

Graciee, I don't know if he can stay on this new painkiller plus the Metacam longterm. I didn't discuss that with the vet on Friday... I'l call them tomorrow, though, and give them an update and ask.
Hopefully he can as it seems to be really working for him :D I'm so pleased for you all that he's more himself :)

Back