Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig (and Flo) *NEW* update - Oct 2nd Plus video

Good evening bun friends,
    I have just received a fresh update from our friend at the rescue centre. Here it is:-
    "Hi both,
    I’ll whisper it because I don’t want to jinx anything but the hope is that Flo (and indeed Alex) might not be with us for too much longer so I would say to hold off on bringing in any extra supplies for now. The bonding is going really well and they are now having regular restriction-free sessions with each other, there has been lots of positive signs from both of them so we are very much hoping that this continues.
    Flo has enough Megazorb to see her through until the end of the weekend, and the same with her nuggets. In terms of veg, they are well stocked and both continue to very much enjoy it!
    I’m working at the centre this weekend so I can let you know more then, but fingers-crossed!"

I had to read this a few times because I wasn't quite understanding it. At first I thought it was all bad news - "....might not be with us too much longer..." - as I was reading it I though they were both poorly. But it is quite the opposite.
    We hope that perhaps if things continue as positive as they are, then Flo and new bun could be back home here this weekend. We were just thinking about this yesterday - we wondered if Flo would still remember here, the living room, the garden. I am sure she will and I would like to think when she does come home, even though it will have been 3 weeks away, she will quickly settle and hopefully in her mind, realise that this IS her home now and that she was only away because of the need to have a neutral area to bond her with the new bun. And we also wondered how the new bun would react here. This will all be new for him and I would imagine he will take his lead from Flo - but I would expect him to be super keen about the garden. And if that is the case, then perhaps it will make Flo more keen to go out in the garden.
    I will keep everybun updated as and when we get more updates.
    Craig x
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Brilliant update.

Thatís amazing news! You must be so happy and excited to get them home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see why that update might sound ominous at first! But that's so wonderful that they'll likely be coming home soon! Yay! I'm sure Flo will remember everything about your house, too, and will know she's home, so hopefully she and the new bunny will settle down quickly, though there might be some humping and stuff as they get used to the change of environment, of course. You must be really looking forward to seeing Flo again.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Just brilliant news Craig you must be so excited
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wonderful x

This is all wonderful news! I've been lurking your updates hoping things would begin to turn around for you and the bunnies. I hope your health concerns are improving too.

i think this is a very good update xxxx Be sure Flo will remember the house, we spent weeks away from home in different cities with Cookie. And every time we came home Cookie always remembered our house. Even he first toured the whole house and then remembered the place and rituals of everything. I'm sure Flo will remember home too.
    Loneliness is a deaf friend,
    In time you forget your own voice..

Great update. Good bunnies

Fab news. I’m sure the rescue will give you lots of advice but one important thing we ask all adopters of ours not to do is allow full range of a huge space once they get them home. This almost always sends a new bond very much backwards! Keep it small and increase gradually to keep a steady and secure bond