• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Craig (and Flo) *NEW* update - Oct 2nd Plus video

Good evening bun friends,
I have just received a fresh update from our friend at the rescue centre. Here it is:-
"Hi both,
I’ll whisper it because I don’t want to jinx anything but the hope is that Flo (and indeed Alex) might not be with us for too much longer so I would say to hold off on bringing in any extra supplies for now. The bonding is going really well and they are now having regular restriction-free sessions with each other, there has been lots of positive signs from both of them so we are very much hoping that this continues.
Flo has enough Megazorb to see her through until the end of the weekend, and the same with her nuggets. In terms of veg, they are well stocked and both continue to very much enjoy it!
I’m working at the centre this weekend so I can let you know more then, but fingers-crossed!"

I had to read this a few times because I wasn't quite understanding it. At first I thought it was all bad news - "....might not be with us too much longer..." - as I was reading it I though they were both poorly. But it is quite the opposite.
We hope that perhaps if things continue as positive as they are, then Flo and new bun could be back home here this weekend. We were just thinking about this yesterday - we wondered if Flo would still remember here, the living room, the garden. I am sure she will and I would like to think when she does come home, even though it will have been 3 weeks away, she will quickly settle and hopefully in her mind, realise that this IS her home now and that she was only away because of the need to have a neutral area to bond her with the new bun. And we also wondered how the new bun would react here. This will all be new for him and I would imagine he will take his lead from Flo - but I would expect him to be super keen about the garden. And if that is the case, then perhaps it will make Flo more keen to go out in the garden.
I will keep everybun updated as and when we get more updates.
Craig x

That’s amazing news! You must be so happy and excited to get them home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see why that update might sound ominous at first! But that's so wonderful that they'll likely be coming home soon! Yay! :D I'm sure Flo will remember everything about your house, too, and will know she's home, so hopefully she and the new bunny will settle down quickly, though there might be some humping and stuff as they get used to the change of environment, of course. You must be really looking forward to seeing Flo again. :love:

This is all wonderful news! :) I've been lurking your updates hoping things would begin to turn around for you and the bunnies. I hope your health concerns are improving too. :)

i think this is a very good update xxxx :) Be sure Flo will remember the house, we spent weeks away from home in different cities with Cookie. And every time we came home Cookie always remembered our house. Even he first toured the whole house and then remembered the place and rituals of everything. I'm sure Flo will remember home too. :)

Fab news. I’m sure the rescue will give you lots of advice but one important thing we ask all adopters of ours not to do is allow full range of a huge space once they get them home. This almost always sends a new bond very much backwards! Keep it small and increase gradually to keep a steady and secure bond :)

That's great news. I am sure Flo will be so pleased to be home again and proud to show off her new husbun to you both. Flo and Alex have such a lovely home with you - they are lucky bunnies.

What good news. The first few words of the update was scary until I read more. The rescue is taking it slow, so that may be best course to continue at home.
Sending vibes for Flo and Alex.

Fab news. I’m sure the rescue will give you lots of advice but one important thing we ask all adopters of ours not to do is allow full range of a huge space once they get them home. This almost always sends a new bond very much backwards! Keep it small and increase gradually to keep a steady and secure bond :)

I totally agree and send lots of best wishes for the 2 newly weds xx

Fridays update - hang on to your cups of coffee everybun - this is going to start with a shock but stay with it and you’ll be smiling at the end….
“ Hi both,
I came in to work this morning (wasn’t in on Thursday) to find Flo’s pen empty and the barrier between her pen and Alex’s pen was wide open – cue panic thinking that she’d bust through and had him up against a wall or something. So imagine my delightful surprise to find that they had in fact last night spent the night in each other’s company in the neutral pen and all was well! Apparently they’d spent the whole of the day Thursday in the neutral pen together and it was felt that things were going so well, we would try them in together overnight, whilst being monitored by the puppy CCTV cameras.
So this morning I have caught up with Jack who is very pleased and quietly confident about how well it is all going, and he would like us to continue as we are until next week to make sure that the relationship building continues and the bond between them is secure – we anticipate that going back to you at home may cause a bit of unsettlement so we’d like to be water-tight confident that the two are solidly bonded before heading off to new adventures together.
We were also thinking that when we do ‘release’ them back to you, that it would be good for someone to be around with them all day for the first few days, to make sure they settle in OK and have that extra bit of supervision. In which case, if things continue to go well, we could coincide with next weekend if you are both out at work during the week?
Flo needs some more MegaZorb to see her through until (hopefully) going back home with you at some point next week, so do feel free to drop that off at the centre this weekend – I’m working so will be around! And whilst you’re here, you are also more than welcome to pop in and see them and spend some time with them, and indeed come back again if you would like to.
So that’s as it stands at the moment! Fingers-crossed.”

So - we’ve reached the point where Flo and ‘Alex’ seem happy enough. We’ve not met ‘Alex’ so we will call in on Saturday and say hello. I’ll pick up some megazorb from work and we’ll pop in. We have to go and pick up my new car on Saturday first thing (a nissan cash-cow in case anyone is interested) - my current heap is just gremlinated and is two steps from the car version of the rainbow bridge. Then we have to do a weekly shop and then we’ll swing by the rescue centre with some goodies for the staff.
Looks like we’ll have the little hooligans back next week and we’ll have to do some bunny sitting between us.
I’ll post some photos tomorrow when we see them and I’ll let you know what ‘Alex’ is like.
Craig xx

Oh, that's wonderful! It sounds like everything's going so well! :love: How great that you'll get to visit Flo and 'Alex'. :D I'm looking forward to the photos and hearing about 'Alex'. :love:

That's great, it must be so exciting to meet Alex :love: I'm looking forward to their photos and their coming home :)

Back