• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Craig (and Flo) *NEW* update - Oct 2nd Plus video

Welcome back Craig, I hope all goes well with Flo. Sounds like she's settling in and I'm sure the centre will do everything they can to help her to bond!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Here is the latest update regarding Flo. Flo has spent the last 3 days ‘settling in’ to her temporary accommodation. Flo appears to have adjusted well - she certainly isn’t behaving as she did when she was at the same rescue centre prior to us adopting her. She is pooping fine and eating and she has taken to sitting on top of one of the carrier boxes to gain a high viewpoint. We noticed this behaviour from Flo when we first got her - she likes to see the outside world when she is anxious.
Anyway, she has been observed doing dbf’s today and is presenting as chilled and she has also been able to see the new bun through the Perspex and neither Flo nor new bun appear to be stressed or displaying any concerning behaviour towards each other. Neither have had direct contact yet but the centre are being guided by how I’ve previously bonded my bunnies and the fact that this is most definitely neutral ground for both bunnies seems to be helping.
It is still early days and both bunnies have yet to physically meet, but the fact Flo is presenting as relaxed and eating is quite positive.
I will update the thread when I get more updates tomorrow and during the week.
Thank you all for your positive vibes and for following the thread.
Craig

Thank you for the update. It says a lot about you and your wife,Leo too, that she is not the same bunny she was before she had you in her life. Sending lots of positive vibes.

Aw, it sounds like Flo's doing well. :love: I'm glad seeing the other bunny isn't stressing her out, either. Hoping for the best for when they actually meet.

Today’s update as follows:
“Just this morning’s update on Miss Flo – continuing to do well! ��

When I went in to open her and Alex up this morning, she was flopped on her side on one side of the glass panel door and Alex was flopped on his side on the other side of the door. Flo hopped over to me as I came through her door with her breakfast (I’m sure it was just ‘cupboard love’ and she was only really interested in the food!), and then happily sat and munched on it if full view of Alex watching on from the other side, who was enjoying his breakfast.

I’m now off for a couple of days and the guys overseeing Flo and Alex have said that they are going to continue everything as it is for now, spending time separately with Flo and making sure she continues to feel settled with us, and swapping the odd items from her pen with bits from Alex’s pen. And then from Thurs we might look at opening up the glass door at times and introducing some kind of grille barrier to allow them to sniff each other out at closer quarters.

Will give you a further update on Weds but I’ll be checking in with the team via text until then”
This is direct from our friend at the rescue centre so I’ll update everybun later this week. Btw, ‘Alex’ is the name of the other bun.
Craig xx

Here is the latest update from this morning from the rescue centre - as provided by our friend there:

"I’ve heard good reports about Flo coming over to new team members that she hasn’t met before, having a quick sniff of their hands and then hopping off.
Attached is a photo of her and Alex tucking into breakfast this morning on each side of the glass door panel between their pen areas, neither seeming fazed by the other’s presence and getting used to co-habiting alongside each other. Scent swapping between their individual pen areas continues and we’ve also been doing a bit of carrier training with Flo to desensitise her to her carrier and get her used to hopping in and out of her own accord – cranberries are our friend!
Today we have been prepping their neutral territory pen and tomorrow we’ll look to move them in there for short spells, to be separated by a grille and will see what social signs we see – fingers-crossed for them!
Will let you know what work we’ve done throughout the course of the day and send an update later on tomorrow."

It all sounds very positive so far and Flo appears to be on her bestest behaviour. Of course, neither bun has been formally introduced so we'll have to see what happens when they do get to meet each other.
I will post additional updates as I receive them.
CRaig x

Just caught up with this thread. So glad Flo seems to have adjusted to being away from home. Fingers crossed she and Alex live a long and happy life together :love:

Thank you everybon for your kind comments and positive vibes. Our friend at the rescue centre has sent us a new update today following yesterday when they used a double mesh guard system to allow open access (no direct contact) and both bunnies behaved impeccably. Indeed, 'Alex' was noted as being 'so excited he wanted to jump into Flo's area and say hi-de-hi' - but of course the mesh guards are too high for safety reasons so both bunnies had to settle for a sniff and a better look. Flo is playing it cool but this doesn't stop me worrying about her because of her previous behaviour with another bunny.
However, todays update makes for extremely pleasant reading and we are very much heartened by this. This is todays update....

"Please find attached screenshot from this afternoon’s ‘single grille’ action – both played it very cool (although I’m sure Alex would hop right in and want to be friends in the blink of an eye!), touched noses, sniffed each other, followed each other along the grille and were then happy to hop away and leave each other to it, both returning to the grille to say hi as and when.
We’ll be continuing with the supervised single grille set-up over the weekend to make sure that all is well, and then still the double grille when left alone so that they maintain that space between them to keep them feeling comfortable.
If all goes OK over the weekend, we’ll then look to have the single grille set-up as a permanent fixture (including overnight) and start looking to do face-to-face intros.
Flo’s favourite perch is sunbathing on the low window ledge in her pen, surveying our back field area through her window grate!"

So Flo has been there exactly a week now, and things are very quiet here in her absence but if I am being brutally honest with everybun, in my own opinion this bonding option was the only one that could have worked for Flo - much to my own personal disapointment because I would have very much wanted to have bonded her here. But the important thing in all this is that Flo has a companion in a safe and structured environment and she is getting this. So, hopefully in maybe a week to 10 days time, we may well be in a position to have Flo and hopefully new bun as well.
I will update you all next week when we get more updates.
CRaig x

Lots of bonding vibes for Flo & Alex - especially when they get to meet fully next week. I have everything crossed for them. I bet it feels really weird for you not having a bunny around

Back