Thread: Weight issue

Default Weight issue

Do you think Cookie looks weak? Or does Cookie's weight look pretty healthy?

https://imguh.com/image/QAbZC
    https://imguh.com/image/QAfCB
    https://imguh.com/image/QA1JW
    Loneliness is a deaf friend,
    In time you forget your own voice..

it's often hard to tell with rabbits. the best way is to weigh them & monitor any changes.
    do you have any way of weighing - and do you know what weight he has been in the past??
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    it's often hard to tell with rabbits. the best way is to weigh them & monitor any changes.
    do you have any way of weighing - and do you know what weight he has been in the past??
    Yes, I bought a baby scale for cookie, I weigh him all the time. Now him weight always seems stable at 1600 gr.

But there is a thought that confuses me. When I first got Cookie, I was also feeding he a package of ready-made rabbit food. Because I did not know, everyone in Turkey was giving these foods. I learned from English sources that this was wrong and changed his diet. 2 weeks after I changed his diet he had a sterilization surgery. His weight before surgery was 1800 gr. His weight dropped to 1500 gr after surgery. Now he has been maintaining his weight for 3 months, always 1600 gr. Cookie before surgery was a teenager and in development so I don't know what him fixed weight is. Now Cookie had sterilization surgery in july. Cookie suffered from different illnesses after surgery, but she was a pretty healthy rabbit before surgery, I think it's probably because he lost weight fast. But he
    regained her weight quickly after the surgery and now he looks fine and weighs 1650 gr. I wonder if cookie is thin or 1600 gr is a healthy weight for him? I wonder if him weight before the surgery was because he ate unhealthy packaged food. After all, packages foods are very fatty and sugary. So I'm so confused, I think my problem is that I'm thinking too much
    Last edited by KCG; 04-10-2021 at 07:36 PM.

His weight looks fine to me

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    His weight looks fine to me
    Oh Jane, I feel relieved when I get your approval. You are the goddess of rabbits in my eyes

The vet feels ribs/spine to determine if bunnies are correct weight for them. You would be able to feel lack of flesh, and see it in some cases. He looks fine
    Last edited by bunny momma; 04-10-2021 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    The vet feels ribs/spine to determine if bunnies are correct weight for them. You would be able to feel lack of flesh, and see it in some cases. He looks fine.
    Thank you so much.

Warren Veteran

If his weight is stable at what it was pre-neutering, I don't think there's anything to worry about.
    It's very difficult to tell is a rabbit is an appropriate weight from a photo, unless they are very under or over weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    If his weight is stable at what it was pre-neutering, I don't think there's anything to worry about.
    It's very difficult to tell is a rabbit is an appropriate weight from a photo, unless they are very under or over weight.
    His weight is stable after neutering. Prior to neutering, cookie was constantly gaining weight and improving as he was a teenager, so his weight was not stable.