Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Lopsy's ongoing issues thread U/D p72 PTS :(

oh, heartbreaking news, i'm so sorry.
    i'm sure you did the right thing but knowing that doesn't make it any easier to bear

big hugs to you all xxxxxx
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late.

Oh I'm so sorry x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss. Making the PTS decision can be difficult but having seen my beautiful Dinky fitting the day see died is one of the worst experiences. I think then it becomes acceptance rather than a decision. So sorry you lost him in such circumstances.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13) and 12.12.20

Warren Veteran

So sorry you lost him.

His body should be OK outside overnight at this time of year. I usually leave them in a pond basket, as that is what I bury them in, but another plastic container or bag would be fine, wrapped in an old Tshirt & plastic bag, and left in a covered container (old hutch, bin, whatever) to keep predators and insects at bay. Even the car boot would do.

Big big hugs. I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to your old man. X

Thanks everyone. It's going to be a weird few days I just put his mash dish and fork in the dishwasher. I'll move his meds back to the meds shelf as well

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    His body should be OK outside overnight at this time of year. I usually leave them in a pond basket, as that is what I bury them in, but another plastic container or bag would be fine, wrapped in an old Tshirt & plastic bag, and left in a covered container (old hutch, bin, whatever) to keep predators and insects at bay. Even the car boot would do.
    That's useful to know thankyou, we weren't so worried with Aboleth as it wasn't unseasonably warm! We're regularly getting a few small flies on the walls/car, sunning themselves. We did manage to get him into the crematorium this evening though, eventually, as I got lost (it's not easy to find in the dark!). Picking him up Saturday morning, they're very accommodating
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

I am so sorry for your loss.
    Rip Lopsy

I'm so sorry that I hadn't seen this till reading another thread where you mentioned him. I'm so sorry for your loss. (((((Huge hugs)))))

Having witnessed Jenna seizing twice this year I can honestly say that despite assurances that animals don't remember what happens and that aside from being stiff or sore afterwards they're okay as long as these episodes aren't prolonged...tosh! It's a horrible thing to see happen to a beloved animal companion.

Sweet dreams Lopsy, precious boy. xxxxx

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by MimzMum View Post
    I'm so sorry that I hadn't seen this till reading another thread where you mentioned him. I'm so sorry for your loss. (((((Huge hugs)))))

Having witnessed Jenna seizing twice this year I can honestly say that despite assurances that animals don't remember what happens and that aside from being stiff or sore afterwards they're okay as long as these episodes aren't prolonged...tosh! It's a horrible thing to see happen to a beloved animal companion.

Sweet dreams Lopsy, precious boy. xxxxx
    Aww, thanks MM, I'm so sorry you have to see them too. It is reassurring when they're OK afterwards though, as Lopsy was the first couple of times, but he also got very disorientated immediately afterwards and was basically circling wildly, I'm glad Matt only got to see him sad, rather than all over the place.

I promise I'll post a Memories thread in Rainbow Bridge at some point but I'm so busy right now I haven't had time to collect all the photos together Plus it'll be a whole thesis of 'you were so daft' so I might need a couple of days to write it XD
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.