Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lopsy's ongoing issues thread U/D p72 PTS :(

Thanks everyone, sorry I've not replied, no news is good news though We've been REALLY busy!

He's fine. He took about 6hrs to get off the buprenorphine but every time he woke up during he was eating. Lots of poos. Then he went for a big run around the garden and had a lovely time. I gave them more hay (the timothy and Excel Feeding with dandelion and marigold) which was gone by this morning (or at least scattered) and fed him some mashed banana with a spoonful of oats and some pellet dust in and he was ALL over that. This morning, he was another 100g heavier(!). Vets have given me 50ml metoclopramide with directions for 1.5ml 2-3x daily 'as and when' because it's easier if we can get him well at home

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Lots of vibes for Lopsy. You still planning to move them in?
    Nominally, but not if he keeps putting weight on like this, at least not until the depths ish of winter. I'd REALLY like them to hold out until at least the windows have been replaced, as their room will be having a new portal cut for a door. Otherwise it's the attic which doesn't have enough space for two bunnies.

We put the big run on yesterday, and we had no idea if Lopsy was physically able to get to it (the tube is longer and quite slope-y). This morning, Matt saw him go through both ways No issues at all. They now, finally, have more than the 60sq ft recommended, because the house-run-hutch setup was about 50sq ft once you included the tubes! They've been enjoying it today
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Iím so glad he is doing well

That's brilliant news KK, well done Lopsy
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

what a good boy

Wise Old Thumper

Excellent

I'm so glad Lopsy's fine now and gaining weight!
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Late to this thread but pleased to see the most recent news is positive. Best wishes from Bertieville.

Thanks again everyone Pets Mum, I thought of you this morning as we've got to giving Lopsy some banana each day

I gave him his porridgey stuff today at 17:45 and he ate 3/4 then hopped off and started belly pressing I was REALLY late with his metacam (13:30 not 10:30 ) but he took that fine. I've tried offering (emeprid-laced) things but no luck yet. I'm not worried, we have things in to sort him out overnight if necessary, and we know EXACTLY when this started! He was a little off when I gave him his porridge but nothing really untoward until he was like 'no thanks'. Gut feeling is he (thinks he) needs a poo as he was in the litter tray when I got to him. I'll give him a few hours then we'll see how we get on. Emeprid and metacam this evening!

Lots of vibes for Lopsy - I hope he feels better soon