Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eats pine pellets

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Nope it's me typing too quickly not you at all!

Pellets are okay

Sawdust /shavings are not!

Sorry Evelyn needed an emergency bath but I. Didn't wanna no reply and you worry
    Oh thank you so much. This is a very, very kind, very thoughtful act, thank you so much.
    Now I want to move to Europe for the most Cookie, he will definitely have better stuff and climate.

Quote Originally Posted by KCG View Post
    Oh thank you so much. This is a very, very kind, very thoughtful act, thank you so much.
    Now I want to move to Europe for the most Cookie, he will definitely have better stuff and climate.
    No worries, sorry for the confusion

You know you could always just put some newspaper(or paper towels) down and hay on top for his litter tray and skip the pellets completely! As you change it daily it'd be fine.

When Atticus gets unwell he eats our paper litter pellets (looking for fibre I think) which is obviously the last thing he needs at that point, anyway we remove them and literally just put hay in his tray until he's better!

Can you get puppy pads? I've used them (with hay on top) for several rabbits and never had any eat them. They do work out more expensive though.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Can you get puppy pads? I've used them (with hay on top) for several rabbits and never had any eat them. They do work out more expensive though.
    Mine always eat these

No worries, sorry for the confusion

You know you could always just put some newspaper(or paper towels) down and hay on top for his litter tray and skip the pellets completely! As you change it daily it'd be fine.

When Atticus gets unwell he eats our paper litter pellets (looking for fibre I think) which is obviously the last thing he needs at that point, anyway we remove them and literally just put hay in his tray until he's better!
    Really? I didn't know that, I always thought I had to use pellets. Doesn't he eat the newspaper, paint or something? Or is a4 white paper harmful? Frankly, in this case, I can consider using newspaper or paper, but does it absorb well, does it smell?

I was going to suggest newspaper too, with hay on top. I used a low sided under bed storage box for my bunnies.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    K÷pek pedi iyi sešenek olabilir mi?

Newspaper, A4 white paper, dog pad, are these good options?

Mine always eat these
    I switched my guinea pigs to fleece (specially made, double layered wicking fleece) and use puppy pads as the absorbent layer underneath and was sure the guinea's would eat them as they just try to eat everything but they don't touch them, I must be very lucky

Quote Originally Posted by KCG View Post
    Newspaper, A4 white paper, dog pad, are these good options?
    Idk about a4 paper, I'd think this wouldn't be great at absorbing though! Newspaper is fine, and when I said paper towels, I mean like kitchen towel? Idk what you call it. Puppy pads are fine as long as he doesn't eat it!

The puppy pads will do a great absorption job so if he's not a destructive bun who chews things they're your best bet. Obviously if he eats bits, he's eating plastic.. Which isn't good at all.

Newpaper will do good, it's not gunna absorb like the pellets but it will absorb and the hay on top means he won't ever be sitting in pee etc. It works well ime! You could just try it out for a week and see what happens, can always go back to the pellets, or try something else