Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit litter

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Opens thread wondering how Maple had managed to have babies

Leaves thread realising another Senior Moment has occurred for me……

That would be a catastrophe!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a look on the rwaf and they had done useful information. I have ordered some megazorb to try as they said it is safe and also very cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtiggerz69 View Post
    I use wood litter for my bunnies with uneaten hay on top to encourage Lillabelle to use the litter trays. Plus it saves wasting the hay. Lillabelle has a habit of peeing on the hay that I give them to eat!

Can I ask why some of you don't use wood litter? Is there any reason why not please?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
    This is what I read yesterday

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-c...ng-and-litter/

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Opens thread wondering how Maple had managed to have babies

Leaves thread realising another Senior Moment has occurred for me……
    I actually did the same

Hope you get on ok with Megazorb, I used it in the past for guineas and hamsters no problems. Some people used to say it had a smell but I never thought so! I gave up on Fitch since the out of stock/price raise and when I no longer had gerbils as it used to hold their tunnels really well.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Hope you get on ok with Megazorb, I used it in the past for guineas and hamsters no problems. Some people used to say it had a smell but I never thought so! I gave up on Fitch since the out of stock/price raise and when I no longer had gerbils as it used to hold their tunnels really well.
    I hate the smell of it! It's good tho and nice and absorbant. Annoyingly small pieces though that scatter everywhere

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I actually did the same

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Wood shavings aren’t recommended as they release phenols and can cause respiratory problems. I always used wood pellet cat litter or horse bedding as litter for the rabbits and now the goats, without issues. As I have researched the heat treatment used to make them removes the phenol apparently. See here https://www.pawmore.com/are-wood-sto...or-cat-litter/

I wouldn’t use the scented stuff personally.
    Thank you. I use wood litter for horse bedding so that should hopefully be fine. I get it at the local horse feed shop xx

I used to use megazorb & its defo the cheapest of the litters I've tried - not so much on line but if there are are any horsey feed places local? Ours used to be 6.25 a bag. I use whatever these days. J&B on wood cat litter at mo, Mousey is on carefresh cos she is special.

Megazorb does smell a bit sicky to me in the way some paper does. Pop your mask on & once the hay is on top you'll not notice

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtiggerz69 View Post
    Thank you. I use wood litter for horse bedding so that should hopefully be fine. I get it at the local horse feed shop xx

Wood based pellets are fine. I've been using them for many years, think the op mistook what you meant by thinking you meant wood shavings

Wood-based cat litter pellets are also heat processed which removes the harmful oils and phenols and therefore do not pose a risk of skin and lung irritation. For the sleeping areas of outside rabbits we recommend that these pellets are used with a covering of straw for warmth and comfort. Always read the label because at least one brand contains silicon which should be avoided
    Last edited by mini lop1; 03-09-2021 at 08:44 PM.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES