• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft hay

loobers25

Warren Veteran
I have just gone to order the buns soft hay from Timothy hay.co.uk and is sold out.

Can anyone recommend a soft hay that’s not too expensive? Is meadow hay the same as Timothy hay that’s soft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what kind of softness you are talking about as I have never seen timothy hay. Because there is no timothy hay in Turkey. I always give Cookie hay of meadow. It is very soft and very comfortable to eat, I can show you a picture if you want.

I have just gone to order the buns soft hay from Timothy hay.co.uk and is sold out.

Can anyone recommend a soft hay that’s not too expensive? Is meadow hay the same as Timothy hay that’s soft?

Ah that's sucks, do yours like herby hay?

Don’t think we have tried that one , is that the brand name?

https://healthyherby.co.uk/collections/healthy-herby-hay-and-straw/products/timothy-hay-2nd-cut

This stuff, mine love it, some buns on here weren't sure though, got mixed reviews iirc! Mine don't like haybox tho, and some buns on here seem to!

Ings hay was always softer I always thought, although we don't buy that anymore

Meadow hay is softer, but not the same and I think Timothy hay is meant to be better iirc!

Timothyhay.co.uk's website says that the soft Timothy will be available again on 2/3 Sept, next Thur/Fri. So you might want to hang on if Maple and Bodmin prefer this.

Back