• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much hay is it normal for rabbits to eat?

KCG

Warren Veteran
Is it normal for rabbits to eat hay for 30-60 minutes, is it normal for them to eat hay 24/7? :D

Last edited:
Rabbits should ideally spend a lot of time eating hay! My Bertie is a good hay eater but he sleeps most of the afternoon and doesn't eat hay if he thinks his pellets or greens are about to be served.

Rabbits should ideally spend a lot of time eating hay! My Bertie is a good hay eater but he sleeps most of the afternoon and doesn't eat hay if he thinks his pellets or greens are about to be served.

Yea that's totally normal [emoji38] buns graze all day!

Cookie started eating so much hay for 7-10 days that it seemed strange to me. Sometimes I see him eating hay for 30-60 minutes. As if his whole life is now eating hay and lying. :lol:

THey ussualy eat 100g-150g daily. Less or more depends of the size, and dieat. THe more fresh or pellets less hay they eat.

THey ussualy eat 100g-150g daily. Less or more depends of the size, and dieat. THe more fresh or pellets less hay they eat.

I don't know how much he ate anymore, because he's a glutton :lol: He sure ate more than that :D Let him be fine and eat me if he wants, I don't want anything else :D

They should eat a pile of hay at least as big as themselves every day. The more hay they eat the better!

Back